Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with two local home goods stores and they are confirming that everything that was shipped to them as of last week is the final shipments?

Can anyone confirm this at their local store? They are saying they are not seeing any new Halloween items on the trucks this week and that usually means that's it for this years Halloween season at that store.

If so, I just wanted to let everyone know so they can go buy what they want. I guess in October, the Christmas items will start to trickle out.

As for the headless horseman snow globe, they said how home goods works is they buy liquidated items from other companies. SO a limited amount of HH globes were available.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,840 Posts
They also have stuff made for them too. I think Candy Corn Lane is their own stuff. I googled them one day just to see where else they're lines are sold & that line is for HG/TJ Maxx/Marshalls only. Not sure what the HH globes are but it's not always cast offs.

http://www.trademarkia.com/candy-corn-lane-78887482.html

Not sure about the shipment info, I know one said they wouldn't do Christmas until the end of September.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
About the last week of September is when they stop Halloween. And yes, they do get items made for them as well and under several different tags. I'd imagine the HH snow globes are being made for them like the others that have been repeating the last few years.

Our larger HomeGoods only got two of the HH snow globes in as well, so far, much like the other stores.

Heck, they haven't really even started putting out the kitchen items (molds, cookie cutters, cupcake stands, glassware, etc) that are Halloween themed yet. We still have a month of shipments to go.

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
I don't know about this being the last shipment but if you wait the good stuff will be gone. I know the same time last year one of my Home Goods was completely stock (just like today) and I went back a week later and everything was pretty much picked over.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure if this is 100% true or not but this is what I was told. I will verify with my local store again!

I have not seen any Halloween plates similar to last years black and white ones nor any baking type Halloween goodies.

Perhaps the person who told me this is mistaken but I want to be sure.

sumrtym I will verify this again at my local store. They are claiming the last shipment had no new Halloween items and it was the final Halloween shipment. Last year at our home goods, I remember mid September there was nothing new in the store. I know not all of the stores are created equal, but I will check tomorrow if this is correct or not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My best friend manages a TJ Maxx (the sister company) here in Florida, said this is true of his store and Home Goods. He's not happy about it because Halloween decor is already flying off his shelves, he's afraid he'll run out by mid-September.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,840 Posts
Well when you're one of the best & sometimes ONLY place to get unique, fairly cheap Halloween decor, the grapevine knows & gets the word out! Same is true for their Christmas stuff. That will start coming in the end of September & the good stuff will be gone by mid-October!!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I must have the HH globe!!

BTYW: they had new ones yesterday at my HG....a witch stirring a cauldron

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The time may be here. I went to HG today and the shelves are starting to thin out and there was very little new stuff since last week, if any. Harvest decorations are starting to take over the Halloween space...can xmas be far behind??

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spoke to a different person today at my local HG and they just got some new stuff. She said Christmas will be in October. There is a few more Halloween shipments before its onto Christmas.

I picked up some really cool skull plates that say "rip, spooky, beware etc." There was matching soup bowls as well.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I know this is about HomeGoods, but I'll mention that Gordman's got a huge shipment in last week of new Halloween items. However, their last two shipments have had nothing and next week is supposed to start Christmas shipments there.

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
I know this is about HomeGoods, but I'll mention that Gordman's got a huge shipment in last week of new Halloween items. However, their last two shipments have had nothing and next week is supposed to start Christmas shipments there.
I have noticed that Gordman's shelves have been thinning out too. They actually moved everything over and condensed one aisle that was Halloween and is now slowly stocking Christmas in that section.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts