Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, we are new to this forum and we love Halloween.
We started making our display in 2005 and has grown almost every year since then.
In 2021 we saw the 12ft Inferno Pumpkin Skeleton for the first time and immediately started designing and a scary pumpkin graveyard with 100 carved homemade foam pumpkins and the 12ft Inferno Pumpkin Skeleton would be the center point of the display.
But unfortunately we were unable to purchase the 12ft Inferno Pumpkin Skeleton 2021. We were hoping that someone on this forum could help direct us on how to get one in 2022 or is there a list we can be put on?
Has anyone heard when Home Depot may be advertising them in 2022?
Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Tom
St Clair, Michigan

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I would highly suspect that HD will have it again this year. There is no waiting list for any of HD's items so you'll have to stay on top of when they become available. Last year the Halloween items went live on their website on July 14. The hot items sold out within a couple hours but stores did receive some in late August. Those also sold very quickly as you probably found out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They appear to be headed back to HD stores this year
Best thing to do is keep checking HD online (stores release stock months later) for initial release, last year it was about mid-July. Start early (both in morning and in month) and keep checking through the days and weeks. Unfortunately, you are battling knuckleheads who buy up multiple units then sell for way too much in sites like e-bay. Be careful if you buy on there, I suggest only a local seller who shows the item in their possession (ask for picture with a piece of paper in it with some unique word you give them) because there are sellers who list what they don't have and then string you along until/if they actually get some items.

I spoke with SVI last year and was repeatedly told to wait it out, more was coming. I ended up seeing both 12' units in stores near me nearer the holiday for a few days. This forum is great, people will post where things are and help you with location availability. You can wander your HDs around you near the holiday, things keep coming in. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum! I would highly suspect that HD will have it again this year. There is no waiting list for any of HD's items so you'll have to stay on top of when they become available. Last year the Halloween items went live on their website on July 14. The hot items sold out within a couple hours but stores did receive some in late August. Those also sold very quickly as you probably found out.
Thanks, we will keep our eyes open and post if we start seeing any. There is a bar in our town hd 4 of them and 4 of the 12 ft skeletons. I couldn't find one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They appear to be headed back to HD stores this year
Best thing to do is keep checking HD online (stores release stock months later) for initial release, last year it was about mid-July. Start early (both in morning and in month) and keep checking through the days and weeks. Unfortunately, you are battling knuckleheads who buy up multiple units then sell for way too much in sites like e-bay. Be careful if you buy on there, I suggest only a local seller who shows the item in their possession (ask for picture with a piece of paper in it with some unique word you give them) because there are sellers who list what they don't have and then string you along until/if they actually get some items.

I spoke with SVI last year and was repeatedly told to wait it out, more was coming. I ended up seeing both 12' units in stores near me nearer the holiday for a few days. This forum is great, people will post where things are and help you with location availability. You can wander your HDs around you near the holiday, things keep coming in. Good luck.
Thanks, we will keep our eyes open and post if we start seeing any. There is a bar in our town had 4 of them and 4 of the 12 ft skeletons. I couldn't find one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah best bet is to track when all their stock will be launched online. I was on that stuff within hours of the launch last year and I was only able to snag the 12 ft pumpkin skeleton because I kinda glitched the system and already had it in my cart without being able to order it. Had I gone to the main item page at that same time I wouldn't have been able to even add it to the cart. Even then I wasn't sure I would get it. I was just put on a waiting list. I did eventually get my order confirmed but it was a crazy process to get there. I was there as Halloween stuff started hitting HD stores last year and I never once laid my eyes on either 12 ft skele in any store I went to. So your best bet is the follow the Home Depot 2022 thread for upcoming info about when the stuff will launch and be willing to stay up late to order it as soon as it goes live. But if you can get your hands on one, it is 100% worth it(y)

·
Registered
492 Posts
i own 5 skellys..i walked into hd late august,,boom 2 infernos sitting on floor...wa able to buy both..me and my friend bought 1 each..at that time hd had a limit of 1 per person...Good Luck..i def think they will make a rebound!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Don’t worry, it’s a legit group, the font just came up as Cyrillic… There are a few groups of interest: CODE ORANGE AND GRISWOLD CLUB is administered by people who are in close contact with Home Depot execs and have the inside info on what’s coming out this year and when it will go live online. The other group (linked above) is the Home Depot Halloween Haunters Club. Same admin, less Christmas cheer, more screams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts