Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the saddle and bridle online from Home Depot for my full size Skeleton Horse and couldn't be happier. Debated between this and the one with the horse mask, cover and bridle (kind of more medieval or jousting in looks than cowboy). So glad I went this route because I doubt I could make a saddle as nice as this, if at all, and the horse mask I probably could make. Cover no biggie and both came with the bridle so got that either way.

The saddle has a nice kind of leather feel and look to it with nice detailing. Might be made out of a fiberglass/plastic material not sure but it is a bit flexible as I stretched it open to mount on the box for display. The bridle has snaps to make fitting it on your horse's skull easy and quick. Came packaged in a sealed bag inside the box along with instructions on how to put it on your horse. Worth the price IMO.

BTW the box on the bottom of the second picture is the box it comes in.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dress-up...7342-20950/301502310?keyword=halloween+saddle

·
Registered
99 Posts
That looks really nice. Just ordered one.

I made a bridle for my horse last year that turned out pretty nicely, but the saddle I attempted was a bit of a disaster. Though it mostly held up until Halloween was over. This is going to be so much better.

Here are pics of the bridle. (The saddle was too terrible to even photograph).

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks really good. Hmmm. I think I need to order one. I assume it's fairly lightweight. Thanks for posting the pictures.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I made a harness and bridle for mine.
Horse Harness small.jpg

·
Registered
492 Posts
These are no longer available on the site :( Hoping they come back. GOS, what was the cost for each?

Anyone have pics of both the saddle and bridle on the horse?

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
The saddle looks great, Spookie!
It's nice to see they have some accessories you can buy for the skeleton horse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts