Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
In search of help for the Set of Two Pirate Skeletons from Home Depot. They are pretty cool. One is sitting on a barrel. Here is the Link. They are manufactured by Home Accents. Their eyes light up and jaw moves to pre-recorded pirate talk.

After reading the instructions, it seems like they are sound activated at 90dB. 90dB is is the sound of a lawn mover, so that is pretty loud to be activated outside by passerby. I get them to work with a quick nudge/tap. Not ideal for an outside display.

Now the question...Is there a way to make them motion activated? If not, does anyone have experience hacking them to be activated by external audio. Has anyone hacked the controls on these skeletons? I appreciate any and all advice.

Registered
For a cheap easy way to have them activate with a PIR, get one of these. Hide it on the prop right where the pickup mic is.
Search Results For "Driveway Alarm"
As for hacking them to use your own audio, shoot me a PM, my JEMMY TALK CONTROLLERS are what you need. 馃巸

Registered
For a cheap easy way to have them activate with a PIR, get one of these. Hide it on the prop right where the pickup mic is.
Search Results For "Driveway Alarm"
As for hacking them to use your own audio, shoot me a PM, my JEMMY TALK CONTROLLERS are what you need. 馃巸

Can you go into more detail about using the Driveway alarm with your prop? It's 2 pieces so do you put both pieces by the props sensor or just one? And can you use the same driveway alarm with more than 1 sensor? Just a little confused about the process. Thanks

Registered
Can you go into more detail about using the Driveway alarm with your prop? It's 2 pieces so do you put both pieces by the props sensor or just one? And can you use the same driveway alarm with more than 1 sensor? Just a little confused about the process. Thanks
The HF driveway alarm is a two piece wireless system. The transmitter is the PIR and you would place that so your patrons will trigger it, it does not need to be near the prop. The other piece is the reciever, it needs to be hidden on the prop right where the pickup mic is (for sound activation props) or the light sensor (for light activation props). If you have more than one prop that you want to activate simultaneously from one transmitter, just get the same frequency alarms from HF. I believe the frequency is stated on the box.

Registered
The HF driveway alarm is a two piece wireless system. The transmitter is the PIR and you would place that so your patrons will trigger it, it does not need to be near the prop. The other piece is the reciever, it needs to be hidden on the prop right where the pickup mic is (for sound activation props) or the light sensor (for light activation props). If you have more than one prop that you want to activate simultaneously from one transmitter, just get the same frequency alarms from HF. I believe the frequency is stated on the box.
I see. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts