Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking, is Home Depot going to put anything halloween on their shelves this year? I was a bit shocked when I went there y'day and to my surprise, they do not have anything Halloween except for the pumpkins in the front(which were all rotten away BTW).
Does anybody know the scoop? Why would they not sel anything Halloween? Menards & lowes are going to take over their business if stuff like this happens..

anybody know?

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
My Home Depot has nothing either. Lowe's has next to nothing. Is anyone else surprised that these 2 mega-stores haven't tapped the H'ween market yet?

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
My Home Depot doesn't have anything. And won't be getting anything either.

When I asked if HD was going to get anything in this year, they said "No."
I asked why,and they said, "We didn't sell much last year."Too bad.

Im going to Lowes, they have decorations this year!

·
Registered
62 Posts
My local H. D. has a ton of stuff. When I walked in last week, they had the Gemmy Witch stirring her brew right next to the entrance. They had 1 whole isle of decorations.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My Home Depot doesn't have much at all ether. Seems like a lot of stores are going light on Halloween this year not just HD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
IMO:
It’s a reflection of the current market. Things are tight right now and the stores figure that people don’t have a lot of money for “leisure” items. So the stores don’t stock it because they don’t want to get stuck with it at the end of the season. The Halloween Mega store by my house has already started marking things up to 50% off.
This is just my $.02

·
Registered
31 Posts
My lowes had alot of halloween stuff, but its gone already! condensed to one four foot section. The Christmas trees are up and 2 aisles are set up with christmas stuff !!!!!! which is good because i bought a whole bunch of c7 orange bulbs that i needed. The christmas section is always helpful to me at halloween, extension cords, replacement bulbs etc.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I think HD is definitely letting others do Halloween this year and just stick to xmas decor. I talked to some HD people and their sentiments was that halloween was a poor seller so they are stocking minimally this (and probably for the forseable future) year(s).

Victor

·
Registered
823 Posts
My Home Depot doesn't have much at all ether. Seems like a lot of stores are going light on Halloween this year not just HD.
Like cybe said a lot of store do not have much or not at all, Costco had nothing,here Home depot had nothing (unless it change a week ago) Sears had almost nothing ,walmart nothing to jump up the ceiling . It's like they were afraid not to sell at all

·
Halloween Bad Girl
1,029 Posts
I talked with them the other day and the store manager said they would not have any halloween in stock this year, outside of the few scarecrows left over from last year. Now who's idea was that, corporate? I believe a letter from each one of us, is in order, let them know we would have bought something halloween related from their store, if not styrofoam, etc...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I wrote to Home Depot 3 years ago asking why didn't they sell Halloween items like other home improvement stores do? Got a nice response & said that they would be adding Halloween items to their stores. Since then.. they have only had an end isle of Halloween items for the last two years. Haven't seen anything yet, except real pumpkins in the entry area.

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
As a Home Depot manager I am sad to say that my store also has only pumpkins and scarecrows and a few other "harvest" novelties. I dont think the recent economy plunge has anything do to with the decesion, though as seasonal items are ordered 8-10 months in advance based on the previous seasons sales. Online Halloween sales have been chipping away at retail sales for more than a decade. Heck, I can't remember the last time I spent more than 50 bucks on a prop in-store, but Ive made several $100+ purchases online this year alone.

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
I only go to HD to get any prop building materials. Even that is a stretch 'cause it's a 30 minute drive to get there when I can go to my local Canadian Tire or Home Hardware.

Home Depot sucks! :mad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts