Halloween Forum banner
121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,582 Posts

·
Registered
14,765 Posts
I hope I don’t miss out on the snake this year like I did last year. I’m hopeful that they still seemed to have me on the wish list for a snake.

Nice heads up on the 12ft skelly. Being off season and not thinking halloween prop buying yet I’m sure people missed out that would have ordered if they saw this.

·
Registered
14,765 Posts
So funny, got this email today from HD:
Font Screenshot Logo Brand Number

They seem to be following up on things still which I hope bodes well for this item. Wonder if 2022 nuSnake will have same SKU as 2021 Snake or if there might be two snakes this year available. Guess if back orders of 2021 were stuck on cargo ships last year or hauled into warehouses after docking, last year’s guy could physically still be available.

Maybe the 6000 12-ft skellies were cargo shipped last year and HD was finally in possession so decided to offer up now and clear space and generate some dollars. At $299 each that’s $1,794,000 coming in this spring on just one item that sold out in what? one day.

·
Registered
14,765 Posts
I definitely think their back orders from last year may have become accessible to them. I just checked and on their website site a number of last years halloween items are now listed as can be Picked Up in Store or can be Delivered (even seeing Free Delivery). Mostly Haunted Hill props and a few other vendors. A few of the Holiday Accent HD branded ones are listed but out of stock. Seems like the tombstones are all available. Best to shop early guys, never know what logistic problems might be this year what with everything going on in the world.

·
Registered
14,765 Posts
Dragon theme people, you might want to check out this dragon prop. I just bought apparently the last one in stock now but wouldn’t be surprised if it came back in. Pretty sure it was offered last year by HD (but sold elsewhere too). The description size is misleading as with wing span open it’s more like 3 x 3.8 feet which you wouldn’t assume from the “5.5 inch” title of the prop if you didn’t check out photos.

this youtube video will give you a good idea of its movement:

I have this prop when it came out as a flying pterosaur (actually have 3 of them for my dinosaur theme). No doubt by same manufacturer just changed up. Think it was also done as a bat. My pterosaurs’ wings flap (so that’s cool) and they get suspended by clear nylon wires from above. I’m happy with mine and they have nice detailing. Unique.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Dragon theme people, you might want to check out this dragon prop. I just bought apparently the last one in stock now but wouldn’t be surprised if it came back in. Pretty sure it was offered last year by HD (but sold elsewhere too). The description size is misleading as with wing span open it’s more like 3 x 3.8 feet which you wouldn’t assume from the “5.5 inch” title of the prop if you didn’t check out photos.

this youtube video will give you a good idea of its movement:

I have this prop when it came out as a flying pterasaur (actually have 3 of them for my dinosaur theme). No doubt by same manufacturer just changed up. Think it was also done as a bat. My ptersaurs’ wings flap (so that’s cool) and they get suspended by clear nylon wires from above. I’m happy with mine and they have nice detailing. Unique.
Considering it's Haunted Hill who's stuff usually makes dollar store stuff look good, this isn't that bad looking.

·
Registered
14,765 Posts
Considering it's Haunted Hill who's stuff usually makes dollar store stuff look good, this isn't that bad looking.
i know what you mean. I have one of their zombie farmer guys from a few years back and cheaply built and head gluing was quite a mess and had to remove some of the fabric from the hot glued area so I could get to the battery pack.

One of my pterosaurs needed some regluing of the molded head parts as it had separated somewhat. But the plastic mold detailing was nice and it did flaps its wings nicely. You may need to play with the nylon wiring to get it so it hangs the way you want him suspended but not a biggie. Never saw another comparable flying pterosaur at this price. For its overall look and function (flapping wings) and the fact it will be used at night time, when even illuminated a lot won’t be as visible, I feel it’s been a good purchase. Still will rock the cool animated look with the kids.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I waffled about starting this thread because I don’t know if this has been confirmed as a Home Depot offering this year. Photo showed up on FB Halloween group and several people are saying it was taken at a Home Depot managers meeting/convention in Las Vegas.

View attachment 759598
I waffled about starting this thread because I don’t know if this has been confirmed as a Home Depot offering this year. Photo showed up on FB Halloween group and several people are saying it was taken at a Home Depot managers meeting/convention in Las Vegas.

View attachment 759598
They just had the 12ft skeleton for sale this week now shows cannot display .

121 - 140 of 159 Posts