Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
I was trying to buy something from a seller on Mercari in the past two weeks and the sale is held up due to her still needing to get her W-9 form submitted and approved by them. I was shocked not having bought anything on there for sometime. She said she submitted it a month ago but here we sit unable to finish the transaction. Assume other sellers on any platform will find themselves needing to file and get their form approved.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
Hmm new snake. Wonder if this is the only snake offering this year. I kind of had my mind set on the brown one coming back from last year thinking the lighter color would look better emerging from a snake charmer’s basket at nighttime than the black snake from this year’s preview.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
….That's a BIG basket lol Looks like they are just repainting the brown one silver and releasing it again….
LOL, well only intended the snake charmer basket to have the first portion of the snake positioned inside it since the snake comes in 3 separate parts. Figured that first section should fit and be very menacing when you turned a corner and saw that facing you.

Instead of my small Tekky striking snake that’s about 1 foot tall, picture this HD guy coming up from the basket. The previous HD snake description said 4 feet in height. Thinking I’d add a dead snake charmer with flute lying on the ground with bite marks on his face and neck with snake charming music in the background. ToTers would have to walk past it and dozens of rubber snakes I bought from Pottery Barn years ago (same as in basket photo but dozens more!). I bought 2 of these baskets on clearance several years ago from Pier One so can still use my striking snake in the bazaar area and save the big guy for when they walk around the corner and come face to face with it and the snake pit.

Storage basket Wood Basket Gas Wool
Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Beak Bird

In the Bazaar area thought of adding a sign on a closed basket with the motion activated Tekky striking snake in it that says “Open me”. I really have to get one of these HD snakes this year.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
Well San Jose, CA Home Depot buyers and Halloween fans of HD props will have one less HD to shop at this year and for a couple of years to come. The location on Blossom Hill Road near Santa Teresa and Oakridge Mall burned to the ground today. Big news story. Yikes! 😳 This location was where I bought my first two Halloween props when I moved to California—a Gemmy Lifesize pop up skeleton reaper and the Gemmy lifesize pop up mummy.

The NBCBayArea news video at the top of the article is amazing to watch.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
HD has done an online pre-order thing in the Summer the last year or two I think. Keep checking back here for any announced date. Last year I missed out ordering the prop I wanted by a day, they are limited in quantity to order and sold out super fast. I kept checking back but it never came back in stock online or to the store so there is that possibility if you don’t stay on top of it. As to quantity who knows what will happen with cargo shipments this year. I would expect prices to be up as well.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
I hope I don’t miss out on the snake this year like I did last year. I’m hopeful that they still seemed to have me on the wish list for a snake.

Nice heads up on the 12ft skelly. Being off season and not thinking halloween prop buying yet I’m sure people missed out that would have ordered if they saw this.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
So funny, got this email today from HD:
Font Screenshot Logo Brand Number

They seem to be following up on things still which I hope bodes well for this item. Wonder if 2022 nuSnake will have same SKU as 2021 Snake or if there might be two snakes this year available. Guess if back orders of 2021 were stuck on cargo ships last year or hauled into warehouses after docking, last year’s guy could physically still be available.

Maybe the 6000 12-ft skellies were cargo shipped last year and HD was finally in possession so decided to offer up now and clear space and generate some dollars. At $299 each that’s $1,794,000 coming in this spring on just one item that sold out in what? one day.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
I definitely think their back orders from last year may have become accessible to them. I just checked and on their website site a number of last years halloween items are now listed as can be Picked Up in Store or can be Delivered (even seeing Free Delivery). Mostly Haunted Hill props and a few other vendors. A few of the Holiday Accent HD branded ones are listed but out of stock. Seems like the tombstones are all available. Best to shop early guys, never know what logistic problems might be this year what with everything going on in the world.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
Dragon theme people, you might want to check out this dragon prop. I just bought apparently the last one in stock now but wouldn’t be surprised if it came back in. Pretty sure it was offered last year by HD (but sold elsewhere too). The description size is misleading as with wing span open it’s more like 3 x 3.8 feet which you wouldn’t assume from the “5.5 inch” title of the prop if you didn’t check out photos.

this youtube video will give you a good idea of its movement:

I have this prop when it came out as a flying pterosaur (actually have 3 of them for my dinosaur theme). No doubt by same manufacturer just changed up. Think it was also done as a bat. My pterosaurs’ wings flap (so that’s cool) and they get suspended by clear nylon wires from above. I’m happy with mine and they have nice detailing. Unique.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
Considering it's Haunted Hill who's stuff usually makes dollar store stuff look good, this isn't that bad looking.
i know what you mean. I have one of their zombie farmer guys from a few years back and cheaply built and head gluing was quite a mess and had to remove some of the fabric from the hot glued area so I could get to the battery pack.

One of my pterosaurs needed some regluing of the molded head parts as it had separated somewhat. But the plastic mold detailing was nice and it did flaps its wings nicely. You may need to play with the nylon wiring to get it so it hangs the way you want him suspended but not a biggie. Never saw another comparable flying pterosaur at this price. For its overall look and function (flapping wings) and the fact it will be used at night time, when even illuminated a lot won’t be as visible, I feel it’s been a good purchase. Still will rock the cool animated look with the kids.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
ya she reminded me of her also i wanted to make her over to be the evil queen of snow white . i have the snow white queen with apple but thought would be cool to have her as her self and with a dragon
I can definitely picture her as the evil snow white queen! She could also be looking out on a sleeping snow white laying on a crypt top. The snow white theme should get a boost the year when Gal Gadot’s movie comes out (Gal Gadot To Play Evil Queen In Disney’s Live-Action ‘Snow White’)

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
BTW looking in on HD’s website for Halloween animatronics today I saw props like the rising ghost woman are able to be ordered and shipped to local stores by first week in June and to homes shortly after. Currently showing 72 of her available. Maybe time to keep a closer eye on halloween there. And with supply chain issues still a problem, good to order as soon as you see it available if it’s something you really want this year.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
I think someone at the local store tried to pull a fast one with ours. I got the shipping notification from HD saying it was on its way. Based on previous experience with Halloween decor from them, I knew it could take a while. I received a call and voicemail from the local store two weeks later saying they were no longer holding it. The person claimed that they had called numerous time as well as having sent texts. They had never called or sent anything until then, to tell me they were no longer were holding it for me. I returned the called immediately and told them it better be there. The man I spoke with said there were notes saying that numerous attempts had been made to contact me. I told him this was the first thing I had heard from them. He replied that he thought he knew what was going on. I could then hear him sternly telling someone else that he was talking to the customer and he’s coming to get it. He’s like, ”you’re coming to get it now, right.” I said, “I’m at work. It will be tomorrow morning.” He said, “okay. Get it as soon as you can.”
I ordered a few things from HD online recently to be sent to store and in my email when it shipped it had a link to the tracking info for delivery to the store. I copied the tracking number from it and went to the carrier’s app (UPS) to check on it each day once it had shipped to see when it was out for delivery and when it had actually arrived at my store (UPS page said arrived at Dock and received by X) so I knew it would be ready that day or next for pick up. Don’t know how long they’ve been providing tracking to the stores but by the sounds of your experience it’s something to follow on your own and not rely solely on getting an email pick up notice or phone call. I ordered something in May and had tracking to store as well, that time with FedEx. Sometimes it’s helpful to sign up to get text messages from the carriers too.

Rectangle Font Parallel Brand Diagram

Whoever was going to claim your skelly or “give it to someone else” hopefully got fired for that. Makes HD look bad too when stuff like that happens behind the scenes. Customers should definite escalate something like this to the store manager if it happens to them. Hope you have your guy safely on his way home now.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
If anyone sees the 12 ft skeleton come back in Home Depot would you let me know 😭 I missed the one last time. Thank you
Welcome aboard. Best advice is to keep looking for new posts to the thread and a heads up when they might start releasing new shipments.

When HD drops their props online for purchase it can be a few different ones at a time and several hundred each. No set time and it can and has happened in the middle of the night/early early morning. I was up late/early morning one night and saw someone post they were going live at that moment. I watched one prop, probably the 12 ft skeleton or 12 ft pumpkin guy, little get sold out in I’d say less than half hour. Probably much less than that actually. I’m sure most people were sleeping when it happened. So there hasn’t been much time to plan or tell people. Check back through last year’s Home Depot thread and see what I mean.

Hope you get lucky and have funds available when it goes live. Check back frequently, it get’s crazy especially now that their halloween is written up and photographed everywhere and people salivate to get the props they want.

oh and some items may not be reordered after the initial release. With overseas shipping still a mess there’s that to factor in too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts