Halloween Forum banner
327K views 3K replies 237 participants last post by  halloweenscreamqueen 
#1 ·
Home Depot Halloween 2021
Looking forward to see what they have this year :)

#233 ·
It is 12 feet:

Home-Accents-Holiday-12-ft-Giant-Sized-Inferno-Pumpkin-Skeleton-with-LifeEyes-TM-LCD-Eyes

I see how people are finding these now in the XML feeds. Interesting. People on this forum are pretty clever. More clever than me! I couldn't even remember my old login information (my old name was anchor) so here I am under a new name.

#206 ·
I got curious and checked which stuff in my saved for later would let me checkout.. the 6 pack of skeletons is available now:

Order completed!

So I’m set for new props to build. That 6 pack is too good of a deal for skeletons to pass up again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#219 ·
So is their new trend GINORMOUS EVERYTHING!?!?

I'm now torn, do I go for the 12' skelly or that giant pumpkin stalky thing?!!?! GAH!! I'm a sucker for pumpkin/JOL stuff but the skelly would be more versatile...DOUBLEGAH!!!o_O

#225 ·
I have a garage waiting to be filled if only I could get my husband to agree to remove all his stuff like his beloved John Deere zero turn, a rotting Buick Reatta he had in his 20s, tools, & various other junk HE says is important. Sheesh! :rolleyes: ;) :D

#227 ·
I barely have room for the headless horseman I picked up last year and have yet to use!

I have a garage waiting to be filled if only I could get my husband to agree to remove all his stuff like his beloved John Deere zero turn, a rotting Buick Reatta he had in his 20s, tools, & various other junk HE says is important. Sheesh! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Seriously, as a car guy why? Does he secretly want to be a 75 year old man? The Reatta will never be worth more than scrape steel. They were horrible cars. Just set it ablaze and shove it into the street, a Viking funeral is more than it deserves..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#228 ·
I haven't heard the word Reatta but once in my lifetime & it was many years ago. ha ha.

I'm in the same boat with storage; at least stuff that needs protection from temps/moisture..lower level of home is full to the ceiling & just can't get myself to purge.

The plant dude is neat & I can see it being replicated pretty easy, visually. Animatronics would be the issue for me. Intending on getting the 12' Skelly I missed out on last year..had chances a couple of times early on but didn't move fast enough. Like the new 12" pumpkin guy too but Skelly fits in my themes better.

As for the "Ferry of the Dead", I had ideas in my head as soon as I saw it posted. I have other big stuff I like better but for anyone who is thinking about it, I had once attended a couple of Dept 56 classes on how to make displays & for their pirate ships & water related houses/items, a lake was made out of blue plexiglass & lit from below...looked just like water. A large platform of that with the Ferry sitting on it would be an awesome idea. Probably expensive though.

I really need to use my many animatroncs that I already have but I just can't help myself sometimes.!!!!

#238 · (Edited)
I just saw this 90 inch harvester pumpkin scarecrow that intrigues me, too. Like many on here storage is becoming a big issue for me. Too many cool things.

View attachment 745991
This is a prop previously sold at HD, is it coming back? It is a cheaper reskin of an even older Spirit prop. Unlike the giant skelly it is a pole framed prop that breaks down into a manageable sized box, one of the advantages of pole based props. I have the Spirit one, fantastic prop.

The Spirit version was called Corn Stalker. I assume, bit don't know, HD's is identical in all respects just cheaper costume. For one, I think they use actual straw. Not sure that will hold up.

#242 ·
Hmmmm.....it's currently "ship to store" only right now & even though we've got a pickup that could haul it & several HD close enough I kinda don't wanna bother with that & just spend the $55 on shipping that sucker.

#257 ·
I got access during a short window and ordered the giant skeleton on June 28th via the HD website. Got a confirmation number and an initial email with a store pick up of July 2nd - July 6th. I got a follow up email on June 30th saying the item was currently backordered -

Obviously I'm not going to cancel the order and will just cross my fingers and hope that one of the first boxes they get in stock at our store will be ear-marked for us. But I wanted to give an update in case anyone else wondered or was in the same boat!

Also, I love that they are likely going to sell some clothes for him now! That's just hilarious and I'm really feeling that scarecrow outfit! I have to be careful though - I think my husband and kids would ADORE leaving him out til Christmas and dressing him as Santa!

#265 ·
Also, I love that they are likely going to sell some clothes for him now! That's just hilarious and I'm really feeling that scarecrow outfit! I have to be careful though - I think my husband and kids would ADORE leaving him out til Christmas and dressing him as Santa!
My guy’s out all year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.