Halloween Forum banner
1641 - 1660 of 1883 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My inferno skelly still backordered with no update. Of course, live chat with HD was no help. They probably really don't know anything, who knows.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No I haven't. It still says it's backordered. I got a confirmation email when I made the backorder, but it hasn't confirmed the order is in stock or will be shipped. I'm just thinking there will be more shipments of it in the coming few weeks, and those with backorders currently will hopefully get them fulfilled at some point
Thats super weird. It did the initial ping for me at the end of june, then it dropped off. radio silence since,

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just got my Dark Angel in and assembled it! Here's my review:

Setup is pretty simple for the most part as long as you follow the directions. The one thing that stumped me for a bit was that the wires that connect the sword light to the main control deck run through the inside of the right arm, and the top end got lost in the tube so I had a bit of trouble figuring out why the sword light wouldn't turn on but it only took a minute or two of investigation to find it, you just might need to dig your hand into the arm tube.

Build quality is about what expected. The wire frame felt a bit flimsy at first but once everything is together it doesn't feel like it's going to fall over so that's all well and good. It definitely isn't going to fare well outside though, especially in the wind, without some serious tethering work, which I guess I'll have to figure out when the time comes.

The cloak looks pretty good once all pieces are put on together. I had some trouble getting the arms to look right, they still look a bit thin overall but I imagine wrapping an extra layer of bubble wrap or something around them can fix that.

The one thing I really don't like about it is the wings are really cheap. The upper rim is a plastic mold while the rest is a soft, papery vinyl material. That on its own isn't terrible but the print quality is pretty poor, looking blurry if you get even moderately close. They would probably look okay from distance, however, and they would probably look a bit better if I took some to get the wrinkles out. The hands and sword however look really good I think and almost balance it out.

The head looks pretty good and the movement is fine, and definitely more noticeable than that video posted a while back showed. You can adjust the shape of the hood and I think that guy just didn't set it up in a way that allows the hood to move with the head very well. Mine does. The wings also move fine. Definitely noticeable to me. The motors aren't whisper quiet but they aren't terribly loud either. You can adjust the volume of the voice and you can mute it if you prefer, but I personally think it sounds pretty good.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. The wings are a shame and you might need to do some adjustments to the cloak to make it look the way you want, but I'm glad I bought it and plan on keeping it. If you plan on keeping it indoors, then you have nothing to worry about. If you want to try to put it outside though like me, some ingenuity is going to be required.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just got an email from HD that said the hearse with pony that I ordered last Thursday with an estimated delivery date of 8/26 has just shipped. So excited since I have been searching for one since last Halloween, however the arrival date now is 8/23-8/26. Where could it be coming from that would take that long? But the good news is, the items are starting to be shipped at least. Tracking will start in a day or two so will find out where it's coming from then.
I also got a notification that the hearse has shipped (was scheduled to ship in August). It says it's shipping with XPO Last Mile (which is apparently for heavy goods?) and the tracking info doesn't work, so unclear when I will actually get it. I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not, so it will be interesting to see how large the box is.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,362 Posts
And the horses already have a rider....and his/her name is?

·
Registered
596 Posts
So, my inferno scarecrow still shows as back ordered, but if I go to the website I can order it for delivery on August 2.

I wonder if I should cancel my original order and place a new one?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
So, my inferno scarecrow still shows as back ordered, but if I go to the website I can order it for delivery on August 2.

I wonder if I should cancel my original order and place a new one?
I would wait until tomorrow morning. I notice a lot of stuff ships overnight. If nothing then it may be a good idea to cancel and reorder.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well, I called HD. They can't take my order off backorder. The only way to get one on August 2 is to place a NEW order and cancel my existing order.

I won't lie, I kinda feel like an idiot for trying to order it when it was first available. I thought that I would get my order sooner, I didn't think it marked me as a chump they can string along for 30 days while new customers get product immediately. HD person said they can't see anything about how far back I am in line for shipping, but if I placed an order now they will ship right away.

It doesn't make me want to spend money there on prop building supplies, I hate feeling like I've been used just because I tried to play by the rules. I can't win with buying props. Order early and they sit on the order. Don't order early and you might miss out when they are out of stock. Order for full price and then you learn 700 people got one for 75% off.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, I just really feel stupid for refreshing that site so often last week only to see this happen.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I got my $99 cobra snake delivered today even though originally the delivery date was this Friday! So it arrived early, which is usually a good thing, but we just got home from vacation this evening and the box was pretty big. I'm glad it wasn't sitting there too long since some of our neighbors are older and likely could not have moved it off the front step for us.

It's packed really well, and since it was a surprise order that my husband & kids didn't know about, they were all very excited. DH thought it was definitely more than we paid, so that made us both happy. I didn't notice anything 'wet' about it (like was mentioned in a previous post) but we didn't take all of the plastic sleeves off fully. We still have to test the eyes lightng up as well, but all in all - very pleased with it. Of course my DS7 wants to put it up NOW! :D And of course my two kids are fighting over whether it's a boy or girl snake & what it's name should be. Sheesh....

I also got a notification today that the 12ft skelly I ordered as ship-to-store on June 28th has arrived (I snuck in an order during a brief open online window) at our local HD. I was afraid to have it shipped home since I knew we'd be away and had no idea if it would be delivered while we were gone. We'll be grabbing that guy tomorrow, though I need to call the store because I'm hoping my husband can take it even though the order is in my name. Each notification says we have to show ID!

Really looking forward to a review of the Plant Monster now & hoping hoping hoping I can get my hands on one!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well, I called HD. They can't take my order off backorder. The only way to get one on August 2 is to place a NEW order and cancel my existing order.

I won't lie, I kinda feel like an idiot for trying to order it when it was first available. I thought that I would get my order sooner, I didn't think it marked me as a chump they can string along for 30 days while new customers get product immediately. HD person said they can't see anything about how far back I am in line for shipping, but if I placed an order now they will ship right away.

It doesn't make me want to spend money there on prop building supplies, I hate feeling like I've been used just because I tried to play by the rules. I can't win with buying props. Order early and they sit on the order. Don't order early and you might miss out when they are out of stock. Order for full price and then you learn 700 people got one for 75% off.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, I just really feel stupid for refreshing that site so often last week only to see this happen.
so do we think im wasting my time waiting for my 12 foot pumpkin skelly to come out of backorder? Will HD put it back on the site when they get inventory insted of shiping it to people that already ordered? I guessI will keep an eye out on the site or hopefully be able to get one in the store when they start to stock. Ugh

1641 - 1660 of 1883 Posts