Halloween Forum banner
1621 - 1640 of 1893 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Any chance of the 12' skeleton being available again? Home Depot is showing out of stock online. :(
No one knows for sure. I'm going to guess probably but not for another couple weeks and it'll probably sell out again pretty fast. A certain quantity will be shipped to stores so your best bet might be to scour them until they finally get their Halloween stuff in stock

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,744 Posts
A YouTube channel I follow (The Psychotic Circus of Savannah) posted a video of the jester, and the Dark Angel. While it doesn't fit my theme the jester looks pretty good, but the Dark Angel looks like crap and has barely noticeable movements. I still can't understand what it's saying, and after seeing the video, I guess I no longer care.

I'm really not happy with how either of these look. I was intrigued by the Dark Angel in the original pics on the website, but this video makes it look really unappealing. The Jester doesn't look that great to me either. I really was considering both of these, but not so much after seeing these vids. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm really not happy with how either of these look. I was intrigued by the Dark Angel in the original pics on the website, but this video makes it look really unappealing. The Jester doesn't look that great to me either. I really was considering both of these, but not so much after seeing these vids. Am I the only one?
Yeah that vid didn't make it look that great... I really wanted it though and I'm holding out hope that it'll be much better in person once I get it. It should arrive this Thursday, according to FedEx so we'll see🤞

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,744 Posts
Yeah that vid didn't make it look that great... I really wanted it though and I'm holding out hope that it'll be much better in person once I get it. It should arrive this Thursday, according to FedEx so we'll see🤞
If you're able and willing, please take some video of your own props once set up. Could be the person who shot those vids didn't care much about esthetics in the quick testing of the props. If they could be set up better, I'd like to know. You know how sometimes you go to Spirit and the display props are haphazardly put together and don't look right because the person didn't take the time to put it together as it should be? Wondering if that's the case in this situation.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you're able and willing, please take some video of your own props once set up. Could be the person who shot those vids didn't care much about esthetics in the quick testing of the props. If they could be set up better, I'd like to know. You know how sometimes you go to Spirit and the display props are haphazardly put together and don't look right because the person didn't take the time to put it together as it should be? Wondering if that's the case in this situation.
Absolutely! I'd agree the guy's setup didn't look that great, also putting it in the middle of what looks like a large storage room acoustically makes it hard to hear what he's saying. But I definitely plan on setting up and posting some pics of it when it gets here, both indoor and outdoor(I know it's labelled as an indoor prop but I really want to try to integrate it into my outdoor graveyard setup if I can find a good anchoring method lol) and I'll try to get as accurate an image as possible

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think the Jester looks better in this video, but his body still seems a little shriveled and wrinkly. It's not my video.

·
Registered
70 Posts
......................Well technically I didn't pay the $70 for the Walmart Raptor..........my mom did. She asked me what I wanted for my birthday and since it is in September I told her about the Raptor so we drove to the Walmart that is closest to her and picked it up.
The walmart in my town didn't have it at the time. In fact I think they only got in two of them later on.
When it went on sale I brought in my receipt because walmart used to do price adjustments. But because I bought it at another store they refused. That was a crock of 💩 cos they used to do it all the time for me no matter which walmart I bought the item at.
I wasn't able to make it in time (30 days) to the walmart where my mom bought it so she never got the $35 back.
I also have the Walmart Raptor and have bought several different reptile skeleton head props (including an alligator, lol) with the idea that I might try replacing the Raptor’s head to make it a bit more T. Rex like. Just to change up the look a bit.

The Raptor skeleton is a real nice size, impressive but still small enough to display indoors. I bought the HD T. Rex as well; at 9 feet tall I can only use him outdoors

I’m bummed this craze died out before we got a Triceratops and a Stegosaurus that were in proportion to the T. Rex.

That T. Rex is kind of a stand alone prop, in terms of his scale. And a sauropod would have been great! With the long neck and tail detached, it could have fit in a box the size of the horse skeleton.

I’m an odd duck. Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve been both building haunted houses, and dreaming of erecting giant dinosaur statues in my back yard. For a brief period a few years ago my two enthusiasms came together at Home Depot (and elsewhere).

V.

·
Crypto Hunter
1,369 Posts
I also have the Walmart Raptor and have bought several different reptile skeleton head props (including an alligator, lol) with the idea that I might try replacing the Raptor’s head to make it a bit more T. Rex like. Just to change up the look a bit.

The Raptor skeleton is a real nice size, impressive but still small enough to display indoors. I bought the HD T. Rex as well; at 9 feet tall I can only use him outdoors

I’m bummed this craze died out before we got a Triceratops and a Stegosaurus that were in proportion to the T. Rex.

That T. Rex is kind of a stand alone prop, in terms of his scale. And a sauropod would have been great! With the long neck and tail detached, it could have fit in a box the size of the horse skeleton.

I’m an odd duck. Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve been both building haunted houses, and dreaming of erecting giant dinosaur statues in my back yard. For a brief period a few years ago my two enthusiasms came together at Home Depot (and elsewhere).

V.
I just noticed Grandin Road has a Saber Tooth Tiger skeleton this year however it looks alot smaller than the HD version. Also I don't get the reason for having a black skeleton. .
Also it says indoor only

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just got an email from HD that said the hearse with pony that I ordered last Thursday with an estimated delivery date of 8/26 has just shipped. So excited since I have been searching for one since last Halloween, however the arrival date now is 8/23-8/26. Where could it be coming from that would take that long? But the good news is, the items are starting to be shipped at least. Tracking will start in a day or two so will find out where it's coming from then.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just got an email from HD that said the hearse with pony that I ordered last Thursday with an estimated delivery date of 8/26 has just shipped. So excited since I have been searching for one since last Halloween, however the arrival date now is 8/23-8/26. Where could it be coming from that would take that long? But the good news is, the items are starting to be shipped at least. Tracking will start in a day or two so will find out where it's coming from then.
If it is true that there are pallets in backlog, they must be receiving some of them in their distribution centers. Of course I ordered two of the more scarce items -man eating plant and 12’ pumpkin skelly. I will get excited if I see anyone on here post with shipping info.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 12' skelly is still listed as arriving July 29 but the other Green Pumpkinheaded skelly with the digi eyeballs is backordered.
i ordered the same two things. My 12‘ skeleton (for in-store pickup) also shows arriving by July 29th. I got a shipping notification for it on Sunday. Says it left Perris, CA 7/17 at 7:36am. The 6’pumpkin head skeleton shows back order. Has anyone gotten that one at all?

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
so I looked at my backorder notification again for inferno pumpkin skelly, and it said that original delivery date was July 12th??? I ordered it on July 16th. Very strange.
The Home Depot app is being weird as well. The pumpkin headed skeleton had gone from “On its way”, to “Label”, and even popped up as “Canceled” on a few clicks when it was not canceled. Today it shows “On its way” but when I click on it the notification says backordered. No idea what’s happening. I guess in the end it doesn’t matter if there’s no tracking number and it’s still showing as an active order. Still weird though.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think the Jester looks better in this video, but his body still seems a little shriveled and wrinkly. It's not my video.
I think some padding and pool noodles on the legs, and arms, might go some way towards fixing the overall look of the Jester because after thinking about it his posture makes him looks a little bit like he has cerebral palsy but that could also be the angles people are using to film him.

1621 - 1640 of 1893 Posts