Halloween Forum banner
1601 - 1620 of 1893 Posts

·
crossfit zombie
7,645 Posts
There are several companies that are USA based and done in small shops like distortions.The chain stores don’t come close to matching the quality.Their props are higher but I find myself goin that way in my buying they will last and that’s what I want. But I also buy from stores and I am glad I have that option to.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I’m thinking just like last year they will get a large shipment of huge 12 ft skeletons in early August.
I’m thinking Home Depot will drop them at the most unusual time, I remember seeing several dozen of the 12 foot skeletons being added last year around 2 pm, So for anyone wanting one I would just keep looking as much as possible.
For anyone wanting the 12 foot pumpkin skeleton they have to eventually get more in non back order, I’m thinking it’s gonna be a lot less quantity though than the 12 ft skeleton. The 12 foot skeleton had 1,000 available last week and that’s more than last year at least initially by at least a 100. So at least they tried to get more initially. Home Depot should realize though if they had 2,000 12 foot skeletons they would sell 2,000, I would much rather see more 12 foot skeletons pumpkin and regular than say the jester or even dark angel. Focus on what everyone really really wants.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
A YouTube channel I follow (The Psychotic Circus of Savannah) posted a video of the jester, and the Dark Angel. While it doesn't fit my theme the jester looks pretty good, but the Dark Angel looks like crap and has barely noticeable movements. I still can't understand what it's saying, and after seeing the video, I guess I no longer care.

·
Crypto Hunter
1,369 Posts
the dinosaur skeletons are long extinct.

V.
Nicely said ;)

Glad I have the dinos that I do. Still lament that we didn't get that 9' T-Rex but at least I bought the 6' Raptor that one year it was at Walmart and it was only $70 bucks. It has been out in alot of bad weather over the years (including snow) and it still roars like a champ 👍🦖

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nicely said ;)

Glad I have the dinos that I do. Still lament that we didn't get that 9' T-Rex but at least I bought the 6' Raptor that one year it was at Walmart and it was only $70 bucks. It has been out in alot of bad weather over the years (including snow) and it still roars like a champ 👍🦖
I was able to get the 6-foot raptor from Walmart for $35. It seemed like it might have been used or a store display because some parts were broken a bit.

·
Crypto Hunter
1,369 Posts
I was able to get the 6-foot raptor from Walmart for $35. It seemed like it might have been used or a store display because some parts were broken a bit.
You probably got the store display. It was a nice dino for the price.
What pieces were broken on yours?
People really abuse those store displays, particularly the "Try Me" buttons

·
Registered
90 Posts
It works fine just some of the pins that lock the pieces in place were either missing or stuck in the piece. The stick to get the pieces out was also missing but I use a screwdriver or metal skewer.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Walmart was charging $35 online at the end. I finally broke down and ordered one at that price but they never delivered it. Called them and they said they would send one when next it came into stock. That was like three years ago. They still owe me!!!😉

·
Registered
90 Posts
Walmart was charging $35 online at the end. I finally broke down and ordered one at that price but they never delivered it. Called them and they said they would send one when next it came into stock. That was like three years ago. They still owe me!!!😉
I guess I caught mine later because it was in-store only and at a store farther away from my usual Walmart. RIP your dino.

·
Crypto Hunter
1,369 Posts
......................Well technically I didn't pay the $70 for the Walmart Raptor..........my mom did. She asked me what I wanted for my birthday and since it is in September I told her about the Raptor so we drove to the Walmart that is closest to her and picked it up.
The walmart in my town didn't have it at the time. In fact I think they only got in two of them later on.
When it went on sale I brought in my receipt because walmart used to do price adjustments. But because I bought it at another store they refused. That was a crock of 💩 cos they used to do it all the time for me no matter which walmart I bought the item at.
I wasn't able to make it in time (30 days) to the walmart where my mom bought it so she never got the $35 back.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,369 Posts
A YouTube channel I follow (The Psychotic Circus of Savannah) posted a video of the jester, and the Dark Angel. While it doesn't fit my theme the jester looks pretty good, but the Dark Angel looks like crap and has barely noticeable movements. I still can't understand what it's saying, and after seeing the video, I guess I no longer care.
That angel needs a scarier face & as someone else said earlier in this thread if you have the slightest bit of wind it will definitely take flight if not secured properly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That angel needs a scarier face & as someone else said earlier in this thread if you have the slightest bit of wind it will definitely take flight if not secured properly.
I thought the same thing, I'm probably gonna put a different mask on him I'm thinking

1601 - 1620 of 1893 Posts