Halloween Forum banner
3261 - 3271 of 3271 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
If that green inflatable tree ends up on sale, I might snag it. I use very little of them but do have a collection of trees in different sizes that I put in the background & around the edges.

I ended up seeing a house with the 12" Inferno Skelly (along with quite a lot of other stuff) & also a very decorated house across the street from it while running yesterday. On a dead end so I imagine it would be a traffic nightmare at night. Was getting ready to take pictures with my crappy phone but a guy on a bike who looked like a crack addict looked like he was going to approach too close so I couldn't.

The "Inferno Skelly" house also had Dark Angel in the very front. Skelly was holding a spine in it's hand. Had a skelly torso jumping up from in front of a tombstone & other stuff I didn't get to see.

The other house across the street (while not as front & center as the other) had a cuter theme...Had the Bride & Groom couple from Costco & did a wedding theme.

Also saw the Inferno Skelly on the news when talking about a local haunt & have been by it in the past so I will have to revisit that.

God, I'm so behind.
The tree with the green face looks cool when its blown up.. I as hoping there was one in my HD today but just the throne ferry of the dead and a joker without a box

·
Registered
934 Posts
I went to my local HD today and what little they had was in the aisle going to the register the whole back wall was christmas!

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
5 of the Creepy Jack in the Box animatronic are available (as of 7am EST).
Edit: Sold out now.

While the product screen says Unavailable (check local stores) and Sold out online, when I go to check my local stores to me here in SF Bay area it indicates I can order to have shipped to the stores for free with delivery between October 18 and October 21. So be sure to check local stores to you. Might be they don’t want to mess with delivery to home at this point, maybe restricting delivery to a certain locality to concentrate delivery trucks and the stores won’t get in any unless you have it shipped there specifically for you. Don’t know but that’s what I thought might be the case. No indication of how many units are available.

*HEADS UP: For the heck of it I added one to my cart for my local store and checked cart. It’s also suggesting I can add the following: jester, king, queen, the throne, clown arch, the 7 ft Inferno reaper, grave warrior and ghost bride!!! * all available with button to add to cart.

Now when I go into cart it has alert Out of Stock but still showing delivery to store and when I click on Other Suggested Items to order (on same cart page) some of those same above come up and a few others. I’d say just see what you find.

·
Registered
356 Posts
FYI: Fedex to raise rates 6% in January
Sorry late on reading been camping for over 2 weeks. That's great Raise rates for next day deliveries that take 9 days. Isn't USPS also raising rates and delivery times? Charge more for a lot less!

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I remember last time when FedEx raised prices the others followed suit (maybe back when airline fuel got expensive and they started raising prices and charging for luggage). We’re all being told by retailers to expect prices to go up.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry late on reading been camping for over 2 weeks. That's great Raise rates for next day deliveries that take 9 days. Isn't USPS also raising rates and delivery times? Charge more for a lot less!
Yeah, USPS raised their rates effective October 3rd, and increased the delivery time for first class mail from 3 days to 5 days. The rate increase is supposedly just a temporary thing for the holiday months (i.e. the rest of the year, I guess).

·
Registered
356 Posts
I actually try to avoid companies that ship USPS or the the dreaded USPS handoff if I can. Also have a very bad mail carrier now, along with this me and my neighbor that lives in my small sub have the same street address just different roads so our mail gets mixed up, get nervous with real important things as might not get them and haven't at times.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I haven't had any problems with USPS or Fed Ex. Had a Spirit item shipped via Fed Ex & only took 2 days longer than expected & with the trucker shortage, I don't blame the delivery truck to home. I never pay for anything expedited....big waste of money. Rarely pay for shipping anything & always try to get free or a deal. I'm cheap!

·
The Haunting Girl
1,010 Posts
I actually try to avoid companies that ship USPS or the dreaded USPS handoff if I can. Also have a very bad mail carrier now, along with this me and my neighbor that lives in my small sub have the same street address just different roads so our mail gets mixed up, get nervous with real important things as might not get them and haven't at times.
Our mail carrier is also terrible! We get other people's mail, our packages are damaged, and we sometimes get our stuff at weird times and it's open so I assume other people not only got our mail, they actually opened it! Shipping via FedEx has always been a nightmare for me. They never deliver anything on time... NEVER. It's always an issue trying to get a package from them. UPS hasn't had as many issues, but with things being the way they are lately, I'm sure that's going to change.
Basically, I'm just avoiding ordering stuff to ship in general right now. I'd rather do store pickup if possible and just stop at the store during a quiet time to pick up. It works out well since I can look over the items and exchange or return them right away if there's anything wrong with them. It supports my brick & mortar location and the jobs it provides.

3261 - 3271 of 3271 Posts