Halloween Forum banner
3241 - 3260 of 3271 Posts

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Earlier tonight I was looking for a mask on ebay and decided to see what HD props were still listed. 14 pages came up for me. Bet those guys still holding and hoping to sell weren’t buying this time.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
What's weird is I see an Add to Cart button for the inferno if I'm on the rotten patch page. Does anyone else see that?

But it won't let me check out (not that I am trying to, I already got my big boy. Just the fun of the hunt still).

No you can’t count on that page to go by, need to be on the actual product page.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Earlier tonight I was looking for a mask on ebay and decided to see what HD props were still listed. 14 pages came up for me. Bet those guys still holding and hoping to sell weren’t buying this time.
Like others have said, I think there are going to be returns. It would be pretty funny to see Halloween invade the Christmas displays when the resellers have to bring them back and HD has nowhere to store them but next to the Christmas trees.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The pumpkin 12 ft product page has the add to cart as well but when i click on it it says the product has to be purchased at the store

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Thankfully I’m not looking for one of the popular big guys but also can’t sit on the site day in and night hoping it will get listed. At this point I have to think anything that comes in sits in their warehouse until it ships to buyer picking up or someone who will play delivery fee.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Like others have said, I think there are going to be returns. It would be pretty funny to see Halloween invade the Christmas displays when the resellers have to bring them back and HD has nowhere to store them but next to the Christmas trees.
I know stores send stuff back to the warehouse when damaged or wrong thing sent based on my own experience with an online ordered TRex that was damage when I went to pick up and from the wrong item sent me this year. They got on the phone with online and processed papers to return it to them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was able to add the 12' inferno pumpkin skeleton to my cart but then he gave a warning message. I would imagine that they may possibly be getting ready to release a number of these for sale. I would keep refreshing.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I wouldn't bet on an NBC article. The National Federation of Retail (which I would trust more) along with the shipping records from US Customs that I had searched on various companies would be more reliable. This is pasted from The NRF's website...
The congestion and disruption come in the middle of the “peak season” for shipping when retailers stock up on holiday merchandise each year, but many retailers began bringing in holiday goods this summer to be sure sufficient inventory will be available.

And this was in May. Highly doubt you will see any major decor hitting shelves & this is why Christmas is out even earlier than normal....Big/experienced companies plan ahead.

I actually passed on stopping in one of mine last Friday until I see anyone mentioning sales (which I highly doubt will happen). Already have what I wanted from HD except for a few items I might have been on the bubble for.
Wondering if the ship tracking system you are following saw the 350+ 12 ft Skeltons that became available and went on line for sale this morning (and sold out in 20 minutes or so in the 7:10am to 7:35am ET timeframe)? Those and the several hundred King and Queen props that also became available. Looks like the clown lit archway was part of that shipment as well. All these guys had to have come in on a shipment that got unloaded.

*HEADS UP : 9:10am PT - Add to that shipment over 145 12 ft Inferno pumpkin guys. Those just went orderable this morning. Not sure what the orig number that came in was but is now at 145 when I just checked. *. Home delivery to my area 10/22, to my local Stores 10/22 - 10/27.

·
Registered
610 Posts
He is up to buy now if you want him.
Thanks stick. Just got an order in - we'll see if actually goes through (and arrives before Halloween!).

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
A number of the large inflatables have come in. Saw 375 of the motorcycle riding skeleton listed (he’s like $55) so lower budget item.

The King and Queen props still have over 100+ available.

Definitely a container or two came in to accommodate all these warehouse restocks. Still waiting for the item I hope to get this year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, I am kind of amazed how many skeletons they had available today. I saw the regular with 351 available and someone else said they saw the inferno with 145. So roughly 500 or perhaps a little more.

I don't think they'd typically want that many large holiday items with only 19 days until the actual holiday, but they are fortunate the demand for these things is so high.

I wonder if I'll see another giant out in my area now. I hope so. It's cool to see how different people work them into their displays.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Lol yeah I bet they were praying they could get this Halloween mdse to a warehouse asap.

Since I don’t need the snake this year, I’m okay with it arriving after halloween and would still buy it. Figure I’d be a head of ordering next year. Since some props are still taking Notify Me email addresses I’m hopeful more containers are still waiting to be delivered or still waiting to be checked in and qty added to the site.

That’s a lot of Big guys that got sold this morning though and sure a relief to them that buyers are still willing to buy so late in season and cutting it close for even deliveries to the stores.

I do think it’s kind of funny that HD ordered more skeletons and limited to 1 and had way fewer Pumpkin Inferno guys shipping and set limit at 2. Personally I think the Pumpkin inferno is way cooler than the skeleton especially since the skeleton was out last year and sold out. If my garage wasn’t already a substation for HD props over the years I would have jumped on the Inferno guy and worried later how to set him up. I keep hoping I’ll see him in someone’s yard driving around. Never saw him set up in the store, just the skeleton last year.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,526 Posts
I wonder if I'll see another giant out in my area now. I hope so. It's cool to see how different people work them into their displays.
There is a 12' skelly on our main street next to our funeral home!!! They have a few other decorations out too & the skelly is behind their fence so you can only see him from the waist up.

I swear I'm going to go up there, knock on their door & give them a present to say "Welcome Fellow Halloween Enthusiast & Skelly Owner!"

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was at two local HDs in Maryland DC area, both have nothing but a few accessories and a couple floor displays. They have cleared out the larger area formerly with bathroom cabinet displays where they always put Christmas display. Here we go again!
Was at our Home Depot today { Lessburg va} and they are putting up Christmas A few things the halloween section in the corner, a jester without a box, a few odds and ends nothing much They did have a boxed chair and one of the boats

3241 - 3260 of 3271 Posts