Halloween Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1485 Posts

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
I contacted them and they refunded me the difference.
I think Online will match price, they did for me on a few items over the years, but not if purchased in store. I was told by online a few years back that they have separate inventories from stores and are kind of run as a separate sister company in a way. One store employee told me that it was up to the store manager if and when things got marked down and why some stores were having a sale on halloween and others still were at full price. Guessing the managers have margins to meet and that might determine what they can do to move things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry - I meant the witch (which only has 3 reviews, wondering if anyone here had got it). They are moving fast, so will likely just buy.

and 3 minutes later I bought. While I clearly can't comment on the quality, when I saw it this morning there were 47 available for shipping. It is now down to 29, so anyone on the fence, my guess is they will be gone in 24 hours.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Half price at the stores has started! I went to 2 stores, and they were both pretty bare. I did get some fog juice and a couple of lighted canvases, so not a total loss...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Half price at the stores has started! I went to 2 stores, and they were both pretty bare. I did get some fog juice and a couple of lighted canvases, so not a total loss...
Stopped at mine today and it was still pretty full. As mentioned above, I thought I only had budget for one prop (and got the bone witch) but they still had 3 of the 7’ graveyard statue grim reapers left this morning.....so you know what happened.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Stopped at 3 different HD today. All were 50% off. Had stopped at one yesterday for the clearance. They had nothing. I've never seen it go to 50% and they didn't have skeletons and tombstones left at least. I've always been able to get animatronics at 50%. So I tried online early this morning. Nothing is left. It went from in stock online just yesterday evening to EVERYTHING out of stock.

What is going on ?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think it’s a combination of things. One, people were uncertain if Halloween was even going to happen, and now it looks like in some parts it will so everyone who procrastinated is going out and buying their stuff now. Secondly, there wasn’t a lot of stock to begin with, and the stores were not replenishing with back orders like they usually do. This is what my store looks like today.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
That’s why I created that clearance form. I knew things would sell out fast once they hit discounted prices. If you were able to take advantage yesterday, that was your best shot.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have heard, and I believe it, that HD took back some of their stuff before discounting. Skeleton wolves for one, skellies.

I do not believe that more people have been buying props this year.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well, I can only go off of what I see with my own eyes. What I saw were people buying things as the associate was marking them down , myself included. Today I saw the same thing, people grabbing things as associates were condensing the items moving them closer together. I have been to Home Depot many times, and I have never seen any associates carting off merchandise. In fact, after leaving the other Home Depot that I was at yesterday, I noticed that most of the displays and large props are gone. A good deal of the merchandise is gone, with no evidence of it being removed by employees.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
We stopped last week at a HD that goes all out at Halloween. They were already out of animatronics. Now that you say it, they probably didn't replenish items. It's hard to get stuff from China. Hubby has the same issues at his job.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I noticed at the beginning of the year only a few hundred of each life-size animatronic were in-stock online beginning in July compared to years past in which typically a life-size animatronic would have well over 1,000 units in-stock at the start of the season. There was definitely less to purchase compared to years past, especially with it only being less than 24 hours into the start of the 50% markdowns.

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
Such a shame. A Saturday Halloween wasted.
feel the same way. At least 2021 falls on a Sunday. People can do parties on Saturday and still ToT with their family on Sunday and if doing a display have Saturday and Sunday to get it ready. Nice for those that have weekday obligations.

Wonder what HD will have next year. Pretty hard to top the 12’ skeleton.

·
Registered
434 Posts
feel the same way. At least 2021 falls on a Sunday. People can do parties on Saturday and still ToT with their family on Sunday and if doing a display have Saturday and Sunday to get it ready. Nice for those that have weekday obligations.

Wonder what HD will have next year. Pretty hard to top the 12’ skeleton.
I hope they re-issue the gargantuan spider, I really want another one!!! When I bought it, my partner was like 'what are you going to do with that thing???' Now that the whole neighborhood loves it, she wants another one too. haha

·
Registered
80 Posts
Such a shame. A Saturday Halloween wasted.
Halloween parade has been canceled for over a month now. No haunted houses in Illinois because of our @&#%#- governor. Director of public health broke down in tears Friday because of covid deaths. Statewide shutdown of bars and restaurants after reopening them on the 9th. Just waiting on them to cancel trick or treating. Looks like everyone will get this virus at one point. Just seems one side of our government is fighting against treatments for it. Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The Home Depot appears to officially be out of stock online of all Halloween items, although some feature the 'Schedule Delivery' option. In addition, the life-size Freddy Krueger and Crypt Tomb w/ Lid are showing "backordered". I have been unsuccessful with Halloween clearance items on backorder in the past, but it may be worth a shot, as The Home Depot will not bill your card until the item ships. Backorders last 60 days if I remember correctly.

Here are the links to the two items:

Warner 6 ft. Halloween Animated Freddy Krueger-222216 - The Home Depot
Home Accents Holiday Grave and Bone Crypt Ruin (Tomb and Lid Only)-5124739 - The Home Depot

Have an amazing Halloween everyone! 🎃

1441 - 1460 of 1485 Posts