Halloween Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1428 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
The skelly would have to be shipped through a freight company
Good to know. Thanks!

unfortunately this store is too far away to offer the ship to store option.

·
Registered
787 Posts
HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING.....

If someone could get their hands on a 12 foot skelly, how much would shipping run? I can’t find the box dimensions and weight. I know it’s big and shipping would be a lot but I’ve spent less than $20 on Halloween this year and we’ve been searching in a 3 state radius for my dude so I really don’t care this year. I’m honestly just over it and need to get out of my slump.

I may have a small lead several states away and want to be prepared. Are we thinking $200? $300? $500? Any ideas?
I was going to sell my headless horseman but shipping was gonna be 180 with a employee discount, so I would say at least 250 via freight.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was going to sell my headless horseman but shipping was gonna be 180 with a employee discount, so I would say at least 250 via freight.
My husband is talking to our friends who are local to that area right now are trying his best to convince them to drive the skelly all the way here for me so I can get it in time. Even offering to pay gas and hotel. If that’s not love....

Unfortunately it doesn’t sound like they are interested in a road trip with a 12 foot passenger right now.

Reactions: Matt12378

·
Registered
245 Posts
Problem is, common shipping companies (USPS, UPS, FedEx...etc) switched to dimensional rates for shipping vs just weight because they were getting killed by large, lightweight items.

You can use Greyhound for larger items and it’s cheaper, even if you have to split the skeleton apart to ship it.

Fastenal does location to location shipping which friends used for shipping their toolboxes when they moved across the country. So if you have a location at both ends in reasonable distance you could do it.

Amtrak also still ships freight station to station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I picked up my skelly , they brought him up on a hilo, and the box was on a pallet, the box takes up the whole pallet. I know in the car club I used to be in somepeople would ship Greyhound and Amtrack as easier and more reasonable to ship the big parts.

Haven't been in my local store but even at the end of last month they didn't have much left and seems like they didn't get much. I know I wanted to pick up a few 3 - 3.5 foot inflatables on clearance so I could pull out blower and power supply for a couple we really like when they go bad. Did that last year at the end since one of mine died but they only had a couple left at that point.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Been in the middle of a remodel of the main floor (ya terrible timing), so I’m at HD every couple of days. I’ve watched the displays at the two I frequent dwindle down to the remenants and things people don’t want to buy.. at this rate, they’ll be out by next week.

Both locations started stuffing tool boxes and work benches in the former Halloween area. Even Christmas has started moving into that space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Does anyone have the box dimensions? I’m going to pick one up today and need to know if it will fit in my suv.

·
Registered
14,130 Posts
Glad I bought my JIB clown guy and the 3 little green dancing aliens when I did. Online a lot of items sold out and not in stores. I was in my local store last week and inventory was pretty reduced. Went looking for a giant spider web that was listed as Limited Stock and the stock person said there were two of them the day before but we looked all over and gone. Managed to order one that was showing in stock at Lowes but when my order processed it said store pick up like a week later Sat. 10/17. Surprisingly they restocked it and got an email it's ready for pick up. Glad I ordered it when I did as I looked all over in the usual places - Spirit, Party City, HD, Target, Walmart and nothing.

This definitely was the year to shop early!

·
Registered
721 Posts
No cause CLEARLY there’s no stock! I keep wondering if they intentionally did that or if there will be a mass amount of stock showing up in a few days.
They’ve been streamlining their inventory over the last couple of years. I’ve gotten a ton of great deals since 2016 or so at 75% or more off. But I’ve notice each year the pickings are less and you have to react faster to get deals. Unfortunately they are in business to make money.... not give me great deals.

I doubt we will see more stock coming in the upcoming days. I am fine with that. The less extra stock they have..... the less money they lose on Halloween and the more likely they are to invest in the following halloween seasons.

·
Registered
14,130 Posts
I'm glad they took a risk and went from the full size horse skeleton to the 9 ft tall T-Rex to this year's 12 ft tall skeleton. The fact that the skeleton sold out as well as it did at that height and weight was pretty amazing. If they understocked other props so they didn't get stuck with much inventory on deep clearance especially if the big guys didn't sell, well I think it worked out okay for both them and haunters this year.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I’ve noticed my local Home Depot’s have shipped tons of the 5 foot life size skeletons back to the manufacturer or Home Depot corporate. My local store had 52 skeletons one day and zero the next. I think it’s a shame Home Depot is sending the stuff back instead of putting it on clearance!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
My HD, Halloween is down to a postage stamp. They just took 98% of the merchandise out. It's all Christmas in there now. This is why spirit Halloween is still important to have around cause if you ask me, dumping out of Halloween merchandise this early is way too early for HD.

1401 - 1420 of 1428 Posts