Halloween Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1428 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
They are both enormous props, but they are dwarfed next to the Skelly. Aside from this installation I am goi g triptych. Three pop-up Werewolves and three zombie swing girls.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Saw the 12ft skelly done as a reaper on cincinnati news this morning.I managed to get the last gravedigger in my neck of the woods.Floor model missing ac adapter and shovel handle.I sent SV an email.Has anyone cured the neck rubber not staying inside the shirt?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Saw the 12ft skelly done as a reaper on cincinnati news this morning.I managed to get the last gravedigger in my neck of the woods.Floor model missing ac adapter and shovel handle.I sent SV an email.Has anyone cured the neck rubber not staying inside the shirt? View attachment 739666
I just add an additional layer of fabric or creepy cloth when this happens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I decided on HD's book witch, and I'm pretty happy with it, especially since I had a 15% off coupon.

The witch ended up being pretty similar to a video I saw of a Morris Costumes Spell Witch from 2013 on YouTube but with some improvements: more colorful LEDs in the book, a better outfit in my opinion, and most importantly, an improved movement. I think that the older one moved side to side a bit unnaturally, but the HD version has a more natural movement with the arms and head.

A drawback is the height. It's only 7 feet because of the ridiculously tall, pointy hat. The hat being about 2 feet tall is a little too much and seems like it was done for marketing to be able to say it was 7 feet when really you are buying a ~5 foot witch with a 2 foot hat. It doesn't ruin it for me, but just something to be aware of if you are expecting something taller than it truly appears.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up the Grave Digger at full price. There was only one left but I really liked him so I went with it. Glad I did cause no more local stores have him. Loved the 12 foot skeleton too but figured I would wait till sale and now they are all gone...oh well. I think it will be back next year.
I hope they offer the Grave Digger next year. I already blew through my budget and that is next on the list. Was really hoping he'd be half off near Halloween, but there is only 1 left in any store near me so the odds of that happening are zero.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well on Friday we decided to put up the 12’ skeleton from HD, unfortunately we get him up and have all of the smaller skeletons (4 different ones) on the roof and house around him and sure enough - his eyes do not work. We think it is the switch in his pelvis. My husband messed around with the switch and it just does not work. We are both so very disappointed especially since I called HD corporate and they stated that we will need to return it to the store we purchased it at (which is fairly far out for us) and that there are no more coming for them to be able to exchange it for us. They stated that no areas in the USA has them and there are no more coming into the states.
So, it anyone hears of any in the Kansas City area, please let me know ASAP as I would love to exchange this guy (or whatever I must do to get one).
When i got mine, I thought it was a switch. Ends up it's a push on push off.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Feeling like a total Halloween noob. Pulled the classic “that’s cool, will get it later” routine that we all know you should never do. The cardinal sin of cool Halloween prop buying. And with all things....the skelly! This was probably 2 months ago maybe. Haven’t seen one since. I check inventories for a 3 hour radius every day and have never found one. Heard rumors on one that went up on display in our town last week and we found it today. Makes me happy to see him bringing so much joy to this neighborhood (they did him well) but it hurts even more that I can’t have him.

suffering from broken heart syndrome this season.
Totally understand that one. Saw a couple items at Home Goods and went back but they were not there. Hang in there & if it’s meant to be you’ll find it again even if it is next year.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Problem is it usually is leftovers from the previous year. The Gargantuan Spider sold out first year and the Pirate ship was limited stock from last year. I missed the spider and vowed it wouldn't happen again.
Agree. Sometimes you just have to pull the trigger and buy it cause there’s no guarantee it will be there next year. With stock being so low I wonder what will even be left to get at a discount.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Saw the 12ft skelly done as a reaper on cincinnati news this morning.I managed to get the last gravedigger in my neck of the woods.Floor model missing ac adapter and shovel handle.I sent SV an email.Has anyone cured the neck rubber not staying inside the shirt? View attachment 739666
Planning to add velcro on the bottom. But if it doesn’t work, I’m okay with that too. If that’s my biggest problem, I’m probably okay.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Big Sis just told me about 2 locations that had the Skelly up & going to go check them out in a few days. 1 was near her step son's house & is a very small ranch & she said it towered over it & also was combined with werewolfs. The other was fastened somehow to a telephone pole near the street as the houses sit way back. She said it was holding a sign. I will try to get pictures but the latter one is on a pretty busy street.

Still hoping it talks next year. They emailed me once about a week ago & subject line said "Sorry you are still waiting for Home Accents...." It was in close stores multiple times after I signed up for email alerts & never once was emailed. Now that is appears to be gone for the season, they decide to.

Still haven't opened the 3 Floating Reapers yet to try it since I need to know it will go back in the box before I do. No where to keep it inside. Didn't try my Flaming Scarecrow yet either. Tomorrow might be the day.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Heads up, some HD stores are starting big mark downs already. My parents scored the mausoleum archway, pirate skeleton duo, and 12 foot led ghost inflatable each for 50% off yesterday.
We have 2 stores in our city. This purchase was at one store. The second store had no markdowns at all, not even on display items. So it’s certainly on a case by case scenario.

·
Registered
209 Posts
HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING.....

If someone could get their hands on a 12 foot skelly, how much would shipping run? I can’t find the box dimensions and weight. I know it’s big and shipping would be a lot but I’ve spent less than $20 on Halloween this year and we’ve been searching in a 3 state radius for my dude so I really don’t care this year. I’m honestly just over it and need to get out of my slump.

I may have a small lead several states away and want to be prepared. Are we thinking $200? $300? $500? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
93lbs and about a cubic meter. I have never explored shipping something so large. I really have no idea, but it cost me $265 to ship a box maybe 2/3's that size and less than half that weight 460 miles from Buffalo to Boston earlier this year.

1381 - 1400 of 1428 Posts