Halloween Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1428 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Anyone know when HD might start marking down Halloween stuff? There are some smaller things I like but I don't like them enough to pay full freight (the rotten pumpkins, for instance). Surely it has to be soon? We're almost into October now :)
Last year I didn't see a reduction of prices until Nov 1. I was pretty much there every morning picking up halloween building material and check daily. I got some glow in the dark skeletons for $9 but it was heavily picked over. Could also be decided by location or store inventory/sales ratio.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Anyone know when HD might start marking down Halloween stuff? There are some smaller things I like but I don't like them enough to pay full freight (the rotten pumpkins, for instance). Surely it has to be soon? We're almost into October now :)
Probably mid October. You have to rememeber that there are plenty of people who have not even begun Halloween decorating or shopping.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you're looking for a way to save some money, Home Depot has been offering workshops where you can get a code for 15% off an order. Because of that, I'm now considering getting the witch I wanted.

Look here for the online workshops offering the 15% off code, do the livestream, and they'll email you a code in a day or two after you attend. An hour of time to save $30 or more for a $200+ prop is worth it to me, especially since the codes on eBay are quite high right now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My store must have gotten in a shipment, because there are two more Jack in the Boxes that weren’t there a few days ago. Seems like small shipments, and they are not keeping up with demand for the popular items.

·
Registered
787 Posts
They already are but usually the last week’s of October.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Just got back from HD and Christmas has officially bumped Halloween to a different section. A very small tight section. To me I feel this is it in terms of shipments. I can't see them rearranging the store to accommodate more boxes. I believe people came in looking for the 12 foot skeleton but didn't want to leave empty handed and just bought stuff. It looked like a few days before Halloween in terms of product.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I picked up the Grave Digger at full price. There was only one left but I really liked him so I went with it. Glad I did cause no more local stores have him. Loved the 12 foot skeleton too but figured I would wait till sale and now they are all gone...oh well. I think it will be back next year.

·
Registered
441 Posts
was @gd yesterday..still has a few things but alot of displays r gone ..they def had like 3 of the hurst..looks cheaply made..but if u want one..they r out there

·
Registered
204 Posts
was @gd yesterday..still has a few things but alot of displays r gone ..they def had like 3 of the hurst..looks cheaply made..but if u want one..they r out there
I thought the same thing. Looked just “ok”. A little small too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Feeling like a total Halloween noob. Pulled the classic “that’s cool, will get it later” routine that we all know you should never do. The cardinal sin of cool Halloween prop buying. And with all things....the skelly! This was probably 2 months ago maybe. Haven’t seen one since. I check inventories for a 3 hour radius every day and have never found one. Heard rumors on one that went up on display in our town last week and we found it today. Makes me happy to see him bringing so much joy to this neighborhood (they did him well) but it hurts even more that I can’t have him.

suffering from broken heart syndrome this season.

1361 - 1380 of 1428 Posts