Halloween Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1273 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Fussy post alert: I am having serious grave digger woes. Congrats to anyone who already got him. The bundle is out of stock and you can’t even get the single grave digger shipped. My closet store with him in stock is about 3 hours away. I’m seriously torn. Chalk it up to supply chain issues knowing my local store doesn’t have all their stuff and wait or road trip? Decisions... decisions...
I'm sorry you're experiencing such a setback so early on in the season; maybe they'll get more shipped in?
When I found my gravedigger, there was no demo/display model of him, just the boxed item jammed under the hearse and pony display (of which, by the way, there were no hearses available for purchase). I hope you are able to find one!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I want the scarecrow but my local store only has the demo (which is already well played with). Since there's technically one in stock, shipping to home is blanked out on the website. Anyone know a workaround for this?
Usually a store will let you buy the display once all the boxed ones are sold out. It’s worked for me in the past, just ask a nearby employee.

Reactions: Edmund K

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Anyone can get a couple of free $5 off $50 coupons if you've ordered something online. Check the tracking email and there are a couple of links to receive general notifications. One is for email and the other is text messaging and you get a coupon for each. I'll likely opt out of the notifications after Halloween but they haven't bombarded me like I expected they would.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Usually a store will let you buy the display once all the boxed ones are sold out. It’s worked for me in the past, just ask a nearby employee.
That's exactly how I got my pirate ship last year! They even offered me 20% off for being the floor model and disassembled it for me. Being kind, and willing to wait for an associate to help goes a long way!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Secured my 12' skeleton late last night with an online order and curbside pickup. Going to pick it up today. I am so excited for this. There has not been one available anywhere near me, this one showed up late last night, and I was able to snag it. Got confirmation this morning that it was ready for pickup.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
thanks for posting.
I think the real rick will be lighting the crypt without ruining the projection with too much light.
I am doing a program where the crypt shakes and opens and the lighting fades which activates the projector. Lighting will not saturate the scrim. Accent light will complement the scene.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If anyone gets the Anaconda, the head is a little floppy. A quick fix is to buy two N50 magnets that are 1/4" thick and 3/4" diameter. Put one on each side of the hole for the square post to magnetically pull the head down onto the body. We did this and it works GREAT.

Also converted mine to be a sea monster. Love it as a sea monster :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I am doing a program where the crypt shakes and opens and the lighting fades which activates the projector. Lighting will not saturate the scrim. Accent light will complement the scene.
what are you using to run that routine and how are you integrating the projector?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It seems like have sold out of a lot of stuff online already which seems fast for the middle of sept.
It's a weekend Halloween, and with people being mostly home these days I think many want to do it bigger for their families and close ones.

People were used to doing events for Halloween -- like go to your closest amusement park for their Halloween event, go to haunted houses, go to a friend's large Halloween gathering, go to a local costume party, etc, but with the uncertainty of everything not many are able to do those. That also means there's more money left over in the "Halloween fund" for some people to buy a major prop or spend more on decor than usual.

1221 - 1240 of 1273 Posts