Halloween Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1273 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I went to pick up at my local HD the JIB prop ordered online. Saw the email it was ready and could use Curb Side delivery. Figured why not, let someone load it into my car. Well see the guy coming out with it kind of supporting it in his arms and on his shoulder. Figured the weight wouldn't be bad for me once I got home. The box did look larger than I had imagined. I have a sedan and it did at least manage to fit into my trunk's cargo area. Well getting it out found out that it's heavier than I thought. Pulled it out over the trunk opening and gently let the box lower to the ground on it's side and then had to manuever it into the garage. Definitely misjudged it both on weight and size! I went into the store to see the guy on display and so love him!

I haven't opened the box yet and probably won't until later next week but was wondering if it has batteries already in the prop. I like to make sure I get them out of props when I buy them. What have you guys found in yours?
ac adapter

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got my 2nd 12' Skelly....only had to drove out of state to get it. :D. As Chuck Rhodes would say to Axe in Billions "WORTH IT!!!!!" We also discovered where that The Giant Pumpkin Patch is in Illinois...we're going back in a couple weeks when it opens, also bought a case of vino from a winery and saw some covered bridges...fun Friday afternoon road trip!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hey, I bought two of those smaller pedestal gargoyles today. They say gryphon I think. Whichever. Didn't realize they were resin. These guys will work where you need a smaller pedestal gargoyles. I had disparaged them before I saw them but have changed my mind.
Course I AM having pre-Halloween Gargoyle Fest...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey, I bought two of those smaller pedestal gargoyles today. They say gryphon I think. Whichever. Didn't realize they were resin. These guys will work where you need a smaller pedestal gargoyles. I had disparaged them before I saw them but have changed my mind.
Course I AM having pre-Halloween Gargoyle Fest...
Do you have a photo of them so I can get a visual of size? My closest store does not have any and of course you can't buy them online. When I heard about them, I was instantly curious but since I have never seen a real one... well, before I go hunting, I need to see how badly I want some, LOL. Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes, I really like those. I finally saw the mausoleum arch and I liked it too even though it has received a lot of negative reviews. I know 'you shouldn't' have to alter props, I guess I'm just used to doing it when I buy them. But if you added some browns and greens and maybe some moss and Spanish moss to the arch it could be really cool!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, I really like those. I finally saw the mausoleum arch and I liked it too even though it has received a lot of negative reviews. I know 'you shouldn't' have to alter props, I guess I'm just used to doing it when I buy them. But if you added some browns and greens and maybe some moss and Spanish moss to the arch it could be really cool!!!
I DO wish they were a bit taller but still... I don't want to be kicking myself for not buying them when I had the chance. I think they will look good on my mausoleum. If they were cheaper or bigger, I would buy 4 for my cemetery entrance & exit.

LOL... I always "fix" stuff that I buy. I thought we all did? That's not normal??

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just like the material they are made of. If there was more stuff made like that, I’d happily plop down more coin.

Debating getting a pair and rebuilding the columns I have for the front. Or just build a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
I DO wish they were a bit taller but still... I don't want to be kicking myself for not buying them when I had the chance. I think they will look good on my mausoleum. If they were cheaper or bigger, I would buy 4 for my cemetery entrance & exit.

LOL... I always "fix" stuff that I buy. I thought we all did? That's not normal??
LOL. my gf would love it if I would just leave a prop 'as is'. No such luck. :D

I kind of would like to make a mold of the top of the gargoyle base and make it the toppers for all my pillars and use a lighter material or maybe just plaster...so many fun options this Halloween!!!!! By the way, now you're making me want another couple of them!!!! LOL

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
it annoys me that theres no way to edit and flip the picture !
View attachment 737092
As soon as I see the photo get placed that way in a forum app, I just delete it on the forum page. Then if you rotate your photo in your camera's photo area so that it's in the orientation you want and then save it, I've never had a problem then importing to a website in the proper orientation.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
My store sold those the first week there really nice too.
How many did they have? Mine had five and a broken one.
I liked them, but I have six larger resin gargoyles that I spent less than that for, so couldn't (and didn't need to) pull the trigger. Sans that, I would have bought.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I definitely saw the At Home gargoyles the other week and almost bought one. I've been wanting a good, sizable gargoyle for some years. Didn't want to spend at home's $100 price just yet, but i DID get a 15% off coupon for them in the mail over the weekend so maybe I will go back.
(actually - their catalogue came with TWO coupons, so if anyone wants one, message me - might have to send it in the mail since it's a paper coupon. although maybe you could use it online?)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I definitely saw the At Home gargoyles the other week and almost bought one. I've been wanting a good, sizable gargoyle for some years. Didn't want to spend at home's $100 price just yet, but i DID get a 15% off coupon for them in the mail over the weekend so maybe I will go back.
(actually - their catalogue came with TWO coupons, so if anyone wants one, message me - might have to send it in the mail since it's a paper coupon. although maybe you could use it online?)
Fyi, if you buy large resin gargoyles, you have to buy two. Trust me.

1181 - 1200 of 1273 Posts