Halloween Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Dancing alien? Now I get the contraption on his chest...a boom box of sorts I guess. Wish there was a video of him posted as I'd like to check out his moves, but Thanks for the link to the description page @gcbike . Appears to be sold in the U.S. 72 inches, so not a "little green man" for that price! Not sure if the dancing is a turn off or might be more comical and attract kids to the yard. Beyond the yard could be as spooky as you make it. OK I guess I'm still intrigued at this point.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dancing alien? Now I get the contraption on his chest...a boom box of sorts I guess. Wish there was a video of him posted as I'd like to check out his moves, but Thanks for the link to the description page @gcbike . Appears to be sold in the U.S. 72 inches, so not a "little green man" for that price! Not sure if the dancing is a turn off or might be more comical and attract kids to the yard. Beyond the yard could be as spooky as you make it. OK I guess I'm still intrigued at this point.
It doesn’t actually dance. Only the head and arms move.

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
He’s a BIG alien! 👽
But, I’m going to keep watching. HD is usually really good about varying sizes of all their props. I don’t mind a little “cute” in my Halloween display. I still like the idea of little green men!

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
No videos are available yet for any of the new items but if you read the instructions it’s actually called “Animated LED Alien” and doesn’t show or mention anything about dancing: https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/1b/1b0a8702-044f-4041-bae1-29b82adf8081.pdf
Thanks for the instructions and Good Point on the name, wonder where the Dancing came from on their site. I like that they are using the metal "pin" poles. I've found them to be a stronger support as they lock in. The instructions mention sound and lights. Runs on 3AA so looks like just flashing lights and some audio for "animation". Looking over the instructions there's no moving feet or connections for arm movement. Doubtful the head turns given what I can see.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
BTW if you are thinking of going "alien" this year check out these props thru Walmart. From what I remember Walmart starts with reduced prices early on and then raises the prices as the season gets closer.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

The standing one is listed as coming from Distortions Unlimited. Right now 148.94 (reg 201.20) and 181.60 respectively.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think this would be one of the first animated life size alien props that aren’t in a capsule or something like that.
I’m hoping to see more unique stuff from Home Depot you just can’t have too many 👽!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I wonder if they will sell the Crazy Bonez little alien skeletons to go along with their alien prop. I have one in bone color and others have bought them in green.
Unlikely, all their skeletons are always made by Pan Asian Creations.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
BTW if you are thinking of going "alien" this year check out these props thru Walmart. From what I remember Walmart starts with reduced prices early on and then raises the prices as the season gets closer.

View attachment 731063 View attachment 731064

The standing one is listed as coming from Distortions Unlimited. Right now 148.94 (reg 201.20) and 181.60 respectively.
I have the "standing" one in green from Distortions. I really like it even though I've never used him. It is flat back and doesn't really stand, would have to find a way to prop it up or something. I still like him a lot and keep thinking of doing an alien contamination type thing. I got those fake bio barrels from Lowes last year just for that reason

·
Registered
775 Posts
New animated reaper trio. I’m guessing they interact. Made by Pan Asian Creations.
View attachment 731208
I can just hear their jaws clackety clack clack. It says they appear to float. That is mildly interesting. At least the photo shows the main lateral ground support. And you can see one of the uprights on the guy at right. The rest of the ground frame appears to be a square, you can see it coming forward on the left side, and that the forward lateral piece peaking between the left and middle tombstone (all of whoms purpose is to just hide the frame).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
It's a weird set up. The support poles are attached to the arms of the reapers, rather then going down the middle, giving them the illusion that they are levitating.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts