Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The Pumpkin Greeter is cute but man, that witch's face looks awful. Why does it have green skelly hands instead of regular green hands?
Agree! I mean I know these props are plastic but that style of mold just looks so cheap! Can we get some matte paint on that poor gal?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think the alien looks kind of weird but I may consider buying him since he's something different. I think Spirit Halloween's take on an alien animatronic (Area 31 Capsule) is better but I missed out on that one. I also really like that new skeleton head sculpt on the Grim Reaper. I hope PA starts using it on more of their skeleton animatronics.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think the alien looks kind of weird but I may consider buying him since he's something different. I think Spirit Halloween's take on an alien animatronic (Area 31 Capsule) is better but I missed out on that one.
At least this qualifies as an animatronic. The capsule is literally just cheap plastic pieces covering a frame, a blinking light and noises, which doesn’t qualify as anything animated. It was only worth getting on sale IMO.

·
Registered
775 Posts
At least this qualifies as an animatronic. The capsule is literally just cheap plastic pieces covering a frame, a blinking light and noises, which doesn’t qualify as anything animated. It was only worth getting on sale IMO.
Yeah, I popped open a box in store and saw that the plastic was as thick as a 1970s child's Halloween mask and passed.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think the alien looks kind of weird but I may consider buying him since he's something different. I think Spirit Halloween's take on an alien animatronic (Area 31 Capsule) is better but I missed out on that one. I also really like that new skeleton head sculpt on the Grim Reaper. I hope PA starts using it on more of their skeleton animatronics.
I am always more interested in something different. There are only so many reapers or scarecrows you can own.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I do love the pirate ship from last year. I looked at it in the store and it seems like it would weather storms well (😂), but the mast would have to be replaced as it looks a little cheap. Sadly, I have no more reason to decorate outside as we get no TOTers waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out here in the boondocks. (Seriously, you hear banjos when you’re driving down my road, and that’s after the township paved it!).

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
I have mixed feelings about the alien as well, but was attracted to it. Love the hands and feet; would almost consider buying it for those depending on how expensive he is (and wonder how tall?). Have to wonder why they went with a chrome dome guy instead of giving him similar skin on the head. Still would have looked good with the illuminated green eyes. Not a fan of the chest box either. Maybe it has a blinking light to add some animation to it or triggered audio?...take me to your leader LOL. Nice to see an alien however this year. Don't think I recall any in the past. I have some alien props that are more "realistic" LOL but this guys still worth a consider for me.

What with SpaceX returning astronauts to the Space Station and plans to go to the Mars, Aliens might be a much more popular theme for halloween in the minds of kids and adults.

·
Registered
149 Posts
In my opinion, I don't really care if the quality is bad or not, I just like the design.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have mixed feelings about the alien as well, but was attracted to it. Love the hands and feet; would almost consider buying it for those depending on how expensive he is (and wonder how tall?). Have to wonder why they went with a chrome dome guy instead of giving him similar skin on the head. Still would have looked good with the illuminated green eyes. Not a fan of the chest box either. Maybe it has a blinking light to add some animation to it or triggered audio?...take me to your leader LOL. Nice to see an alien however this year. Don't think I recall any in the past. I have some alien props that are more "realistic" LOL but this guys still worth a consider for me.

What with SpaceX returning astronauts to the Space Station and plans to go to the Mars, Aliens might be a much more popular theme for halloween in the minds of kids and adults.
Yeah, in my opinion, it looks more like a toy than a Halloween decoration.

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Yeah, in my opinion, it looks more like a toy than a Halloween decoration.
Doen't mean he can't have a different textured head and change up of clothes. I just really like the unique hands and feet LOL. I don't think I would use him as is but to be honest little kids would still delight in him.

Maybe done up with signage for Area 51 or Roswell, NM, as an advertising piece one might expect to see near there. I have a few video projections of aliens that would be cool to use with the theme.

Here's one from Total HomeFX called "alien transport" (they have one other one with 3 aliens called "alien invasion", right now 10% off everything with Code DAD):

I also have a set of alien projections from Jon Hyers from a few years ago. Seem to recall aliens leaving a space ship and not sure what else. "Aliens" came as a bundle when I bought online. I don't think this product is around any more but the projections might be sold by someone else. Sorry can't be more help.

Well, I take that back. Found the above scene and the other views I remember being sold now at Aliens Extraterrestrials - Projection Effect - Digital Download along with examples of how you might use the images. Like the ghost aliens usage. Had a pop up appear while viewing: buy and use code KRINGLE20 and save 5% on order (it's another christmas shop!). I recognize these as the Jon Hyers projections BTW.

Additional: It looks like the Hyers product I bought has been updated (maybe by Stan 3D Animation?) from when I bought it. Don't recall being able to change the color of the aliens skin, now see vertical and horizontal scenes and also some addtional material. Here's the YT video of the currently sold "Aliens Extraterrestial". From the post date it appears to have been updated last year.

UPDATE: I decided comparing my old projections (smaller subset and more limited) and the updated ones that I would order the new ones from thechristmaslightemporium. For some reason I am not able to download so have an email into their support team. Customer service is working remotely so expect to hear back from them tomorrow as the phone contact was afterhours. Wanted to mention this in case there is a problem at their end and someone wanted to order after reading this. Will update back here.

They promptly emailed me back (nice!) and said they could see I tried 6 times to download (true!) so there is a connection from their system to mine so the problem is at my end. FWIW the download starts but then says it was stopped and 0 KB of the 3.2 GB was sent. BTW I ordered the older version of Alien from them back on 1/7/19 with no problems downloading. Ah technology!

Figured it out and it was on my end. My Safari browser settings for Preferences/Websites/Downloads had been set to Deny so changing it to Allow for that website let it download. duh!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I saw this online too

I think it will retail for 99.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts