Halloween Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I kinda like the skeleton pirate. I have been thinking about doing a pirate shipwreck scene in our woods. Worried the ship building might be a little challenging. Any suggestions or pics from any of you pros would be appreciated. Might just go with a saloon with drunken pirates.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That’s exactly what I was looking for! I Can put it off in the distance, and with fog, music and lights and skeleton pirates, dead and alive up closer along the path,This is it😘 Thanks Roselanecemetary for helping this old witch in the woods!!

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,782 Posts
So does that skelly scarecrow (skellycrow?).You could easily replicate a better one even if you're not a builder. Most of us probably have half the stuff to make something like that in our closets. Flannel shirt, pants, some sticks or poles to stand it upright, some raffia or corn shock pieces which would be available lots of places around the holiday, & the only big cost would be the head. A skull wrapped in burlap & painted or heck, just a cool scarecrow mask of any price.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I found a few photos of some new products
All of these are made by Sunstar so expect very cheap quality and little/repetitive animation. Not worth getting unless on sale IMO.

The Lowe’s Fortune Teller/Zultan was made by Gemmy and the previous Home Depot Skeleton Fortune Teller was made by Seasonal Visions, both of who use way better quality than Sunstar.

·
Registered
501 Posts
All of these are made by Sunstar so expect very cheap quality and repetitive animation. Not worth getting unless on sale IMO.
I wonder if these are just online products, like the Design Toscano products the listed on the HD website (Search Results for design toscano) at The Home Depot For example, I recall there were some extremely overpriced dressed up skeletons last year.

If this is the sort of crap they actually expect to have in store, this year will be very disappointing.

·
Registered
405 Posts
@bobby2003
I expect them to be online only, I’ve yet to see any Sunstar items in store at Home Depot.

Their lineup in store almost always consists of Pan Asian (the butler and knight on the first page) and Seasonal Visions (the reaper on the horse) items.

I expect the full lineup to be revealed around summer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
All of these are made by Sunstar so expect very cheap quality and little/repetitive animation. Not worth getting unless on sale IMO.

The Lowe’s Fortune Teller/Zultan was made by Gemmy and the previous Home Depot Skeleton Fortune Teller was made by Seasonal Visions, both of who use way better quality than Sunstar.
Has Sunstar's quality always been bad, or has it gotten worse over time?

I don't get how they're still in business, given that their products are overpriced and cheap.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Has Sunstar's quality always been bad, or has it gotten worse over time?

I don't get how they're still in business, given that their products are overpriced and cheap.
Their items have always been cheap but their early items have remarkably better quality (mostly the ones sold at Spirit Halloween from 2008-2012).

They’re still in business because in addition to making items they also are the sister company of Gemmy and distribute many of their items to stores.

They also have a connection to Magic Power Corp. which is why a lot of their items share molds and audio from Gemmy and Magic Power.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts