Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Amazing! This is my plan for next year. I managed to get one but I do not have time to modify this year. I don't have the parts on hand so I would be waiting on them. It's eye catching enough as a static prop for this year.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
PS - This looks Amazing and I can't wait to see how it looks fully assembled. Are you adding an audio track to it?
8 different tracks. He will say different things etc. I changed his hands so he is pointing down at people and the other hand can hold something. I am trying to animate the arms but time is ticking...

Registered
You beat me to it. That's exactly what I had plans to do but I can't get my hands on one. I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices on ebay. Nice job!
Ive seen the 12' skelly up in someone's year already ( they are bumming as we got lots of snow , yesterday & winds before that, rain to fallow tommorow.).
It looks wonderful, but I live in a high wind area & would rather build something like the picture I attached.
If anyone out there has seen build directions please attach a link.
I refuse to spend the big bucks on one store bought item, I'd rather do my own version.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Another
Nice to see people want the same things!
Used a skulltonix funkin head kit them modified it to work in the head!

That is one expensive kit. It turned out great. I did it with one servo and a 9/16in bore 1in stroke cylinder. I just need to add sounds and program jaw and DMX lighting.

Another update

Registered
Another

That is one expensive kit. It turned out great. I did it with one servo and a 9/16in bore 1in stroke cylinder. I just need to add sounds and program jaw and DMX lighting.

Another update

Great work, really cool for 30 bucks. The best solutions are the ones that every one can build and afford.

Yes the skulltronix is a little pricey and many would never justify its cost. But many times it boil down to time or money. I see the 4 servo setup with a dmx 14 servo 3 rgb led and autotalk controller board that includes 4 servos and is a true 3 axis motion setup as worth the money if i factor my time into making it myself, and trust me over the past decade I have worked with several of these types of skulls and servo systems even trying to build a 3 axis system from scratch and I can say that The Skulltronix is the best yet. The setup & config software for the board is easy and straight forward. Servo motor limits and protection including turning motors off etc are all there.

I am going to put a servo controlled skull in one of his hands and he is going to talk as well. Will run him off the channels from the Skulltronix controller. be working on that in the next few days. Then I have some ideas for programming. Hamlet comes to mind.

Alas poor yorick!

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 26 Posts