Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just about to order 4 Blucky's from Monsterguts and was proceeding to checkout, when I saw that they were charging $41 for shipping. Since the 4 Blucky's were costing me $45, I was not pleased with the near doubling of the cost. :mad:

I guess I may have to wait for the season to turn on at the local stores.

...back to tombstone making.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've found the same problem but I also found that by calling Dean (the customer support number) directly you can ask dean not to use FedEx and send it USPS. I've ordered most things this way from Monster guts and it's save you massively on shipping costs... Also the same goes for EFX-Tek

·
Mad Scientist at Large
656 Posts
Sorry about that everybody. The cost for shipping Bluckies is a sensitive issue with the Monster Guts shopping cart. You see, it's not that Bluckies weigh much, it's that they are so dang bulky. The Monster Guts site takes that into consideration. When shipping either with UPS, USPS or FedEx, the limit for "normal" sized packages is 84" in total dimension. This means that a package can not have a length and girth (the sum of it's height and width) of more than 84", or else the shipping company charges an oversize fee. When Bluckies get boxed for shipping, they max out that dimensional value. Where they are being shipped to also is a factor, of course. But we're not trying to pull an "ebay" and charge excessively for shipping, it's just that Bluckies are the proverbial fly in the ointment for us when it comes to shipping. So much so, in fact, we've considered dropping them from the site altogether.

Vista's right. Call me. I can't promise stellar shipping costs, but I may be able to tweak the system and get you a better price.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Dean's right about that oversize thing - I frequently run into it at work when ordering large amounts of PETG trays. I did a shipping check today on some wiper motors that I'll be ordering soon, and the charge was just $13 or so, and those motors are heavy. It's not so much the weight (up to a limit) as it is the size of the box.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wow, thanks for the explanation and offer to try and tweak it by shipping USPS, Dean... shows that you care about the customer, and gives monsterguts a good name.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's great to hear, I'll be heading back to MG very soon to breath life into my order. Thanks!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I know the bluckies may be a slight pain for shipping but i do hope you keep them available. Off season when we want to do alot of our building those things are hard to find. I have ordered alot of stuff from monster guts and they are top notch. Hope to see the monster guts guys at midwest haunters again this year, i will be by to say hello again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know the bluckies may be a slight pain for shipping but i do hope you keep them available. Off season when we want to do alot of our building those things are hard to find. I have ordered alot of stuff from monster guts and they are top notch. Hope to see the monster guts guys at midwest haunters again this year, i will be by to say hello again.
I feel the same way. I hope monster guts keeps the bluckies as well. I plan on ordering one later in the summer. I have only purchased 1 item from them so far ( wiper motor ) and they had very quick service as far as shipping it to me. I diffentely want to do more business with them in the future.

Joe

·
Mad Scientist at Large
656 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. We have no plans to get rid of them right away, or at all. It's just sometimes they can be a hassle from the shipping stand point. But seeing how everybody here wants us to keep them, than we most likely will. Monster Guts is in your corner!

As for MHC... we'll be there. Please stop by and say hi.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts