Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I headed out this morning to grab a couple odds and ends for christmas presents. I headed over to our Crafts Direct and wandered into the clearance store to grab a couple of stocking stuffers.

I sat in the scrap booking aisle, eyes glazed over, trying to figure out what my wife would use and what she would mock. I rounded the corner, and there it was, a blurred glint of orange way in the back near the restrooms. I immediatley forgot why I was there and started to walk quickly, almost running, towards this beacon of orange. And thats when it it hit me: "Holy Crap! They still have halloween decorations!!!! Two full aisles!"

There wasnt any super impressive stuff like people snagged at Big Lots this year, but they had a few gems mixed in with the crafty stuff. Being that it was marked down 70%, then another 30% off that price at the checkout, it was very hard to pass by on. I walked away with 3 halloween platers, a minature hanging goul, a couple minature sitting skeletons, and 4 rubber bats. All for about $5.

So this year it looks like Jack Skellington will also be coming down the chimney! Can't wait to see the look on my wifes face, Christmas morning, when she see what I have done. :D

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Always great to find good deals no matter what it is! The color orange is a beacon for me too in stores :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thats cool, I have seen a few items left over but yeah when I see orange I go check it out. Still hitting Big Lots and various other stores but no orange found yet except a few very small items. I wonder if Garden Ridge still has anything ? I've got one 30 miles south of me I may go check out this week, one year I found stuff there in Dec. Just can't stop hunting for the color orange.....too many fond shopping memories. I did see a small inflatable at Tues Morn. store and that shocked me but only 30 % off.

·
Maniacal Imagineer
1,746 Posts
Yes Bubbels, there really is a Santa Clause...

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
...I rounded the corner, and there it was, a blurred glint of orange way in the back near the restrooms. I immediatley forgot why I was there and started to walk quickly, almost running, towards this beacon of orange.
Been there, LOL! It's like the red cape before the bull. Pavlov's dog reaction or something like that....

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I was in Garden Ridge a week or so ago. Amidst the plethora of Christmas junk I discovered a whole aisle still filled with Halloween props.
The scariest thing about it was all of it was marked at only 50% off. Over a month past Halloween and they can't even go down to 75% off?? C'mon!!
Needless to say I didn't buy anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Is this phone cool or what? Has anyone seen this before?

It worked great until my dog got a hold of it and just about half ate it. If he had any money I would make him pay for it. I guess I will have to go order another one.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Coke Can Phone

Is this phone cool or what? Has anyone seen this before? Wholesale Electronics Chinese Wholesaler Distributor China (Free Ship)

I bought it at FREE Shipping Of Wholesale Items China Direct Wholesaler Distributor

It worked great until my dog got a hold of it and just about half ate it. If he had any money I would make him pay for it. I guess I will have to go order another one.
SPAM! This guy (whoever he is) is posting this weird thing all over the net. Gee, you think he's selling something?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I was in Garden Ridge a week or so ago. Amidst the plethora of Christmas junk I discovered a whole aisle still filled with Halloween props.
The scariest thing about it was all of it was marked at only 50% off. Over a month past Halloween and they can't even go down to 75% off?? C'mon!!
Needless to say I didn't buy anything.
Too bad, guess they don't really want to clerance their stuff......yeah 50% off does nothing for me as well unless its very expensive stuff to start.I bite on 75%. Maybe I will save the trip to GR. Man the amount of red,white and green decor is distrubing to me and it all looks the same in the stores. I wish Oct. decor was that large. And I see so many houses that look alike driving around but I never seen any 2 homes in Oct. look the same and thats cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts