Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I headed out this morning to grab a couple odds and ends for christmas presents. I headed over to our Crafts Direct and wandered into the clearance store to grab a couple of stocking stuffers.

I sat in the scrap booking aisle, eyes glazed over, trying to figure out what my wife would use and what she would mock. I rounded the corner, and there it was, a blurred glint of orange way in the back near the restrooms. I immediatley forgot why I was there and started to walk quickly, almost running, towards this beacon of orange. And thats when it it hit me: "Holy Crap! They still have halloween decorations!!!! Two full aisles!"

There wasnt any super impressive stuff like people snagged at Big Lots this year, but they had a few gems mixed in with the crafty stuff. Being that it was marked down 70%, then another 30% off that price at the checkout, it was very hard to pass by on. I walked away with 3 halloween platers, a minature hanging goul, a couple minature sitting skeletons, and 4 rubber bats. All for about $5.

So this year it looks like Jack Skellington will also be coming down the chimney! Can't wait to see the look on my wifes face, Christmas morning, when she see what I have done. :D

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Always great to find good deals no matter what it is! The color orange is a beacon for me too in stores :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thats cool, I have seen a few items left over but yeah when I see orange I go check it out. Still hitting Big Lots and various other stores but no orange found yet except a few very small items. I wonder if Garden Ridge still has anything ? I've got one 30 miles south of me I may go check out this week, one year I found stuff there in Dec. Just can't stop hunting for the color orange.....too many fond shopping memories. I did see a small inflatable at Tues Morn. store and that shocked me but only 30 % off.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
I was in Garden Ridge a week or so ago. Amidst the plethora of Christmas junk I discovered a whole aisle still filled with Halloween props.
The scariest thing about it was all of it was marked at only 50% off. Over a month past Halloween and they can't even go down to 75% off?? C'mon!!
Needless to say I didn't buy anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Is this phone cool or what? Has anyone seen this before?

It worked great until my dog got a hold of it and just about half ate it. If he had any money I would make him pay for it. I guess I will have to go order another one.

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Coke Can Phone

Is this phone cool or what? Has anyone seen this before? Wholesale Electronics Chinese Wholesaler Distributor China (Free Ship)

I bought it at FREE Shipping Of Wholesale Items China Direct Wholesaler Distributor

It worked great until my dog got a hold of it and just about half ate it. If he had any money I would make him pay for it. I guess I will have to go order another one.
SPAM! This guy (whoever he is) is posting this weird thing all over the net. Gee, you think he's selling something?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I was in Garden Ridge a week or so ago. Amidst the plethora of Christmas junk I discovered a whole aisle still filled with Halloween props.
The scariest thing about it was all of it was marked at only 50% off. Over a month past Halloween and they can't even go down to 75% off?? C'mon!!
Needless to say I didn't buy anything.
Too bad, guess they don't really want to clerance their stuff......yeah 50% off does nothing for me as well unless its very expensive stuff to start.I bite on 75%. Maybe I will save the trip to GR. Man the amount of red,white and green decor is distrubing to me and it all looks the same in the stores. I wish Oct. decor was that large. And I see so many houses that look alike driving around but I never seen any 2 homes in Oct. look the same and thats cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts