Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice, what servos did you use for the shoulder and elbow? I'm always nervous that I'm going to pick ones that aren't strong enough.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, what servos did you use for the shoulder and elbow? I'm always nervous that I'm going to pick ones that aren't strong enough.
Thanks

That has happened to me, it's all part of the learning curve. Just try some, if they don't work you'll find a use for them somewhere.

For the shoulder joint I used this 20KG servo:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MU7TQV8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the elbow I used a micro servo that is struggling so I am switching it out to the Futaba S3003

·
Registered
519 Posts
I keep wanting to get into pneumatics but the initial outlay of money seems like a lot. This gives me hope since I already have some arduinos and raspberry pis at the house.

What are you using for a controller?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I keep wanting to get into pneumatics but the initial outlay of money seems like a lot. This gives me hope since I already have some arduinos and raspberry pis at the house.

What are you using for a controller?
Sorry for the delay in replying. I am using a Mini Maestro 18-Channel USB Servo Controller. I do use Brookshire VSA for the whole routine.

I have used an arduino as the controller, so get you a servo and use the arduino to get started, build from there.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nice job hiding the servos. What kind of skeleton is that? It looks like the arms are made for servos. I'd love to see some closeup pictures.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice job hiding the servos. What kind of skeleton is that? It looks like the arms are made for servos. I'd love to see some closeup pictures.
Sorry, Work has kept me busy and away from the forum.

This is the pose and stay skeleton Home Depot sells. I will get some close up photos posted soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts