Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been successful using hollograms in their Halloween display or yard haunt? This technology really facinates me and I can't help but think of endless potential it could have for making an incredible interactive yardhaunt.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yes. Google "Pepper's Ghost" and you'll find lots of material on the subject. It's actually not very hard. The easiest way to do it is to put a large piece of glass or plexiglass behind a window at a 45 degree angle from the window (either vertically or horizontally). Then you have TV running a video of your ghost or hologram (preferably a DVD on repeat) positioned so the glass picks up the reflection. There's all kinds of cool stuff you can do. You can make it look like a head appears inside of a glass ball, you can make a person appear and disappear, etc.

We did our own pepper ghost last year. We created the video ourself. We tacked a flat black cloth to the wall and video taped our niece dressed up as a ghost with her face painted white. Edited the video on the computer and applied some nifty effects then burned it to DVD.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Peppers Ghost

Don't forget to add a fog machine to the effect, peppers ghost illusion with a spif of fog and it's a thing of beauty.

Peppers Ghost is actually a reflected illusion not really a hologram.
A hologram is a 3D image shot up in the middle of a bare open set area like what we do for expo shows.
But that stuff is uber expensive.
Using flat panel LCD's with a peppers ghost is pretty cool to.
I have always been a fan of peppers ghost and the pure inginuity at the time it was made was truely awsome.
Not to mention theres so many ways it can be done and so many uses it's still a sweet trick in my book.
Man things sure have come a long way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts