Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who finally get the tombstones out of the garage only to find we have lost or broken the cheap stakes, I have a solution. I found block mesh at Home Depot that works really well for replacement stakes. It comes in 10' sections and you can cut to whatever length you need. Plus it's cheap. hd mesh.jpg

·
Registered
872 Posts
Not sure how this mesh replaces stakes or holds up tombstones?

Clarify, please!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didn't give much detail. You cut the mesh into the T that holds up the tombstone. You can make about 12 replacement Ts from each piece. It's much better than the plastic T that comes with most of the headstones.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I use sections of 1" PVC tubing, affix them to the back of the tombstone with Liquid Nails, and then slip the tube over 12" rebar sections that I pound into the ground.

They hold up to winds reasonably well, but I probably have to reaffix at least one per year I'd guess. Durable, easy to install.

I use the same rebar/PVC construct for my cemetery fence sections as well. Holds up awesomely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have drilled a hole about a foot deep into the bottom of each of my stones. I have glued a foot long piece of half inch pvc inside these holes. I stake my tombstones with 2 foot sections of rebar. The rebar goes a foot into the ground, and a foot into the pvc tunnel in the bottom of my stone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts