Halloween Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Thanks for the link, sumrtym. While I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hocus Pocus, I'm not a big fan of sequels. With few exceptions, they're mostly cheap imitations of the originals. I wouldn't want to have that happen to one of my all-time favorite Halloween movies.

That being said, I think it's high time Disney made a new Halloween movie! I'm even ok with a Disney Channel original like Halloween Town or Tower of Terror.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Thanks Sumrtym I am a bit sad to hear this, I was looking forward to it .:( Oh well will just continue to watch original every year.Thanks for the update.:eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm frankly glad the rumor isn't true. I love Hocus Pocus; it's probably my favorite Halloween movie. I'd hate to see a sequel made, because they just never compare to the original. Especially if it's a new story with new characters. Why call it Hocus Pocus 2, why not give it a new name? That said, I'm ready for a new Disney Halloween movie. I guess there's going to be a new DCOM this year called Girl vs. Monster. Hopefully it won't suck.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,605 Posts
ZOMBIE THREAD!!!

Just read this in the Hollywood Reporter today:
'Hairspray' Director Adam Shankman to Helm 'Hocus Pocus' Sequel

The movie is set for Disney's streaming service, Disney+.

Adam Shankman, the director of Hairspray and A Walk to Remember, is set to helm the sequel to the popular Halloween movie Hocus Pocus.

The pic, which is set for Disney+, is the follow-up to the 1993 feature that starred Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy as three witches who were resurrected in Salem, Massachusetts, and who are bent on becoming immortal.

While no deals have been made, the studio is hoping that Midler, Parker and Najimy will return to their original roles. Workaholics writer and co-producer Jen D’Angelo penned the screenplay.

The original was directed by Kenny Ortega and was released in the month of July, despite being a Halloween movie. The box office returns were viewed as a disappointment, with the movie earning $39 million in total grosses, but it found new life in home video and became a cult classic.

Shankman is also attached to produce Disney's long-awaited sequel to Enchanted, titled Disenchanted. It is unclear whether Disenchanted or Hocus Pocus will go first. The director, who most recently helmed Taraji P. Henson's What Men Want, is repped by UTA and Sloane Offer.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
rumors of a sequel have been around for a while now.
please read the dates in some of these links.
the link saying it isnt happening was from 7/2012.

I saw this reported on tv yesterday. its supposed to be on Disney plus.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,605 Posts
rumors of a sequel have been around for a while now.
please read the dates in some of these links.
the link saying it isnt happening was from 7/2012.

I saw this reported on tv yesterday. its supposed to be on Disney plus.
I know this & that's what the story I posted stated, it's on Disney's streaming service, Disney Plus. I didn't want to start yet another thread here about Hocus Pocus so I searched, found this one & brought it back to life.

I'm glad it's happening though the original cast hasn't been confirmed to be coming back. I can't imagine they won't.

·
Registered
228 Posts
and then there will be hocus pocus the animated series,because we all know how disney just has to run anything good into the ground

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,631 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm personally terrified of this part2 just because of how many movies hollywood has ruined. Kenny Ortega isnt doing it and theres no word on the kid main-characters coming back. I love Hocus Pokus as much as any other Halloween nutjob but I'm just holding my breathe they will make it good 🤞🤞

21 - 35 of 35 Posts