Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Hobby Lobby has 50% off on cases this week and I found these there yesterday. They definitely are awesome looking and have that vintage look. I am thinking about buying one of each for a vampire kit and werewolf kit. My Travelling Witch Kit is in a real vintage suitcase, but they are hard to find.

The bigger size of the cases is $29.99 and the medium one is something like $24.99. So not too bad an investment for the look. I assume they are frequently on sale.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Larry said he could probably do that but wanted to resolve the missing photos from that Hobby Lobby 2014 thread first. Apparently the photos which I actually had posted a while ago at the beginning of the year, and still visible in my library, aren't showing up in the thread for some reason. He's looking into it. If you guys notice other threads where you posted a photo from your album here and all you see is a blue box with question mark, let him know (I used Contact Us form at bottom of the window).

update: found the same situation on the 99 Cent Only, the Ross and the RiteAid 2014 threads (stopped looking after that) and it was my album photos and saw one from Sticks post but not sure if he/she reposted one of my photos. I let Larry know about it as well. I was wondering if the last recent maintenance done on the site might have not restored all the files but I'm clueless when it comes to websites and not even sure when the photos disappeared. I'm sure Larry will get to the bottom of it soon. In the meantime I'll probably refrain from adding anything to my album and posting the photos.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I have a question since I keep seeing posts that don't have photos on them any longer. Do the pictures have to be in a folder on the site to remain forever? I just post mine directly here from my computer an they show up. Will they disappear if I remove the photos from my hard drive later? Not sure how all this works.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Gym, it's not this thread that was posted today but the HL thread for 2014 that was started back in January. And apparently it affects more than just my album. If you go to the Sticky 2014 Halloween Mdse Sightings In Stores shopping thread at top of this forum section and start on Page 1, you'll see photos missing from more than just my posts--ie Paint It Black and RattandRoll's.

I see the photos in my album just not on the thread. Guessing somehow there is corruption and the links to the photos were affected.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
BTW I was in HL tonight, spurred by all the talk here, and HL has the storage chests on sale this week (50% off). Man, some of them were orig priced at $90.

They also have the Men's Metal and Wood decor on sale at 50% this week. I have some photos I took tonight but now don't know when I can post. I bought a yellow and black diamond traffic sign that has XING on the bottom and a vulture in black silhouette above the text. There was a yellow and black round warning sign that has the biohazard symbol in the middle of a black triangle and ZOMBIE OUTBREAK SHELTER around the sides of a black triangle. A ZOMBIE PARKING ONLY sign with zombie figures in silhoutte and ALL VIOLATORS WILL BE EATEN text below. And finally an orange and black BIOHAZARD CONTAMINATED ROOM rectangular sign with a biohazard symbol in the center. A few of these might have been posted in my 2013 album. Signs were all metal.

I found 2 rather large plastic ice cream cones (with a scoop of strawberry and a scoop of chocolate ice cream) in their Summer Clearance area. Only 40% off at this point. Grabbed as I'm sure someone would buy them before me if I waited. LOL. They are actually coin banks but i'll use them as part of a display in my carnival. I have those smaller ice cream cones from DOLLAR TREE to go with them (which came filled with bubble soap).

The giant set of Mega Eggs for easter were no where in sight (photo in my 2014 album). Had considered maybe picking one up.

Also noticed some really nice faux animal fur fabric in their sewing area.

Update: Here are the halloween-related metal signs they carry. I thought the vulture one was kind of unique and will go with my western theme.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
HL always has 40% off coupon, too. They have circulars as soon as you walk in the door, or you can print them off the website. Hmm, I haven't been there for a while.....need to visit!
Would you like to buy me the black Victorian dresser while you are there?;)

As far as I know, the only items that can never have a coupon applied toward them are furniture and picture frames, since they keep them continually 'discounted'.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
People have been posting in the Find/Buy thread about HL putting out some early fall. Needed to stop in there today to pick up two men's styro heads and saw what they had already put out in my store. Not a lot but a start, occupied maybe a quarter to third of one of their long aisles. Mine had signage and pumpkins but not the Funkins, instead they had those hard pumpkins with text carved into them. They look vintage-like and wooden. Sorry I didn't take a photo. I don't recall seeing any hay bales in my store. As usual they were rearranging aisles and clearing things out. No Christmas at least but there were big sections of aisles being cleared.

Some Home Accent items were on clearance at 66% off. Also saw some metal signage that had been marked with clearance stickers. Nothing that jumped out for morphing. Almost picked up a wooden terrarium chest-like box (reg 29.99) with clear panels to use in my carnival side show to display giant cockroaches, scorpions or maybe a snake but held off. It was part of their Spring line (current 50% off sale). May still go back for it. The sides of the lid did not have any clear acetate sealing it closed (probably for ventilation), so I thought... great feature! Perfect for escaping insects or a snake. The more I type this, the more I think I may go back. Wish it was part of the Home Accents sale...:eek:. Only saw 2 of these in the store and wish I knew when Spring was going clearance....what do you guys think? I haven't had a HL in our area until recently so don't know what to expect.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Thanks MatrixMom. I did use HL's coupon from my iPhone today for one of my male styro heads. It's only 40% off of regularly priced items though. The Spring items are 50% this week, just not the 66% I wish they were! Their sales are always better than their coupon discount. Just have to hit the category of item on sale at the right time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts