Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading the spirit press release...they are not doing any stores this year and will all be online :(

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
That's weird because in Henrico County, VA, Cushman & Wakefield reported this lease transaction: "Spirit Halloween – leased 12,500 SF of retail space at Broad Street Plaza at 9864-9900 W. Broad Street. This was reported on June 8 by henricocitizen.com (see C&W link). Maybe the rise in covid cases since then has changed their plans. Hopefully given the current situation they have a cancellation clause.

Along the lines of the C&W report, I saw that TORG (The Outlet Resource Group) signed up SH for the fall at the re-opened Outlets Park City (Park City, UT). This was from a 6/4 Chain Store Age website.

You know this year shipping costs are going to kill a lot of their business online if that's their only marketing source. I did buy the Deadly Roots giant tree prop during their Halfway to Halloween online sale and now guess I'm glad I did. Normally would have waited until I could skip any shipping costs and buy locally in a nearby store.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
BTW on the fb SH page saw this from them under Visitor Posts: "Spirit Halloween Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us! Please keep an eye out on our Social Media Friday, the 26th, for a spooky surprise!" Two days from now.

Under their fb Visitor Photos you can see the fake letter with the above message posted underneath it. If nothing else it's getting Spirit Halloween talked about.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If its a hoax, then I appoligise, It was just passed on to me who was a manager over here in a S/E Florida Store (and the listed post). Perhaps he was screwing with me or he in turned was screwing with..or perhaps its regional. I tried to look on spirits FB like you said and I didnt see the image or any post. Ah well, if fake cool..(sort of ) and if not eh

105563577_10220461553101840_8039787255162124922_n.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,070 Posts
MOD NOTE: I want this to stick around if that's okay with everyone to make sure anyone else that comes across it gets the info about this.

THE LETTER is a fake. It was created for a 2020 April Fool's Joke by a YouTuber named Mak/Haunt Former. See the links in the post above by katrick1128 for the link to the guy's YouTube video explaining how it was supposed to be a silly prank just for his viewers and he is not affiliated with Spirit or speaks for them in any fashion.

Spirit IS making an announcement tomorrow (Friday, June 26th, 2020) according to the info on their FB page. They are likely enjoying the uptick in mentions and attention. Great free publicity for them!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oh man I was seriously diaappointed at first, glad it's a joke . Since my kiddo was about 3 years one of our traditions is going to Spirit, she loves to see all the things (and be a little scared of some of the set ups ), and she's already been asking where the stores will be. Love that she loves going there and would have been sad to not have that option

·
Registered
488 Posts
Oh man I was seriously diaappointed at first, glad it's a joke . Since my kiddo was about 3 years one of our traditions is going to Spirit, she loves to see all the things (and be a little scared of some of the set ups ), and she's already been asking where the stores will be. Love that she loves going there and would have been sad to not have that option
Aww, I totally understand and love this. When my daughter was little there was a store in Pasadena, CA called Stats that would completely trick out their store for Halloween and Christmas. Every year we would go and walk through it and she would get a little spooked in a good way. Unfortunately, they closed down a few years ago but thanks for conjuring up a fond memory and enjoy creating these memories with your little one!

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
If its a hoax, then I appoligise, It was just passed on to me who was a manager over here in a S/E Florida Store (and the listed post). Perhaps he was screwing with me or he in turned was screwing with..or perhaps its regional. I tried to look on spirits FB like you said and I didnt see the image or any post. Ah well, if fake cool..(sort of ) and if not eh

View attachment 731421 View attachment 731421
You can read posts from people who have been hired and replying to this as being a Fake. Besides the guy who created the letter said so in his video "apology" if you watched it.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,070 Posts
CONFIRMATION FROM SPIRIT HALLOWEEN:

Just a confirmation about the letter that has been circulating (Spirit not doing actual stores in 2020).

Spirit has confirmed it's not true and confirmed there will be stores opening this fall for Halloween 2020.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
THE LETTER is a fake. It was created for a 2020 April Fool's Joke
This is one of the reasons I looked at my mate on April 1st this year and said, "GAWD, I hope no one does any April Fools jokes this year. There are just too many wrong things being promoted as real this year for everyone to know which is the truth, which is a lie, and which is just plain stupid being stupid." This proves the axiom of one being born every minute. It also proves that some folks don't have a sense when restraint is actually a virtue best practiced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts