Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inadvertantly found this:

Talking Motion Detective

It says you can have multiple sensors and/or speakers set up and each can be preprogrammed with a different sound clip!

So... you can set up to 6 sensors around your haunt and when each is tripped, the speaker will play the programmed sound clip for that sensor. You could even have a "Ghost Host" follow around your guests as they walk through!

Pricey though... says $159.99 for 1 sensor and 1 speaker.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed! Very intersting! I take it one can hook up PIRs to trigger this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here's a cheaper idea. Go to the cheapest hardware store in your area and buy motion sensing lights. Rig them to a power cord which can be bought there also. Get the plug in receptacles that can be put into the socket instead of lights. Plug a cheap tape player in the bulb socket. Wahla!! Motion sensor sound cheap.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Here's a cheaper idea. Go to the cheapest hardware store in your area and buy motion sensing lights. Rig them to a power cord which can be bought there also. Get the plug in receptacles that can be put into the socket instead of lights. Plug a cheap tape player in the bulb socket. Wahla!! Motion sensor sound cheap.
The only draw back that I could see to this is that you can't have a certain thing play each time. But, yeah it would be a heap alternative if you want to just have random sounds each time the tape player turns on.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Just loop the sound or with a CD repeat the track.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
The advantage to the first one, the Talking Detective, would be that it's wireless. I couldn't justify paying that much for it just for that benefit though, wire is cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts