Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing around with an idea for a super creepy, historically accurate haunt. Not this year, but down the road. A few years ago, down in Dallas, they had storybook scenes at a botanical garden, with a large plaque telling the story (presumably so parents could read it to kids). Wouldn't it be delightfully horrific to do a haunt with historically accurate depictions and brief story plaque about real life horrors? I stumbled across a real life mummy, (google El Plomo Mummy) and the story behind it is both fascinating and horrific! I was thinking maybe a story plaque for (older) TOT to read while waiting in line for haunt? The older ones will all whip out their cell phones to verify if the story is real... Google "Qhapaq hucha" .... anyway, what would be a good way to depict and tell this (or other historically accurate horror stories) without being TOO scary for TOT, but scary enough to give older ones the a good fright?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Be prepared to tell the story one of two ways, have optional display features catering to each audience. Open a door, turn on or off some lighting, is all it would take to do a very quick "Change-Up'. I do it all the time here (Open almost every night and Sat. & Sun. afternoons.)
I have never been able to offend or turn away anyone with ticket money in their hand (unless they are screaming, staggering drunk)
Give people the style of "Show" they want, and they will come back. Flexibility is really not that hard.

Reactions: punkineater

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Listen to Gym, he knows what he's talking about.

When I first read your post I thought you actually owned a mummy & thought "how or why but COOL!!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts