Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We do a lot of different things to celebrate Halloween, but one of our favorite activities is decorating our front yard using bright, fun and whimsical decorations to create a little magical walk-through for the tiny ToTs, special needs children, and anyone young at heart. We've called this front yard display Lighthearted Halloween. It is deliberately non-threatening and static (no scares or blinking lights) as we do have many guests who bring special and medically fragile children to walk around the different scenes.

I'm going to share some random photos from our 2014 Halloween front yard display. (After Halloween, I'll be uploading more photos of our other Halloween décor, so if you like what you see here, please stop by our albums at a later date.) Thank you and Happy Halloween!!

We had a few photos in the local papers... here is one that was recently on the front page of the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Times Leader. It's always a thrill to see our display in the paper.

Text Design Organism Font Room

Here's my darling husband and our youngest son hamming it up in the driveway last Saturday night.

trick-or-treat Play Animation Toy Costume

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Wow, so many things to comment on in this year's display. The Grim Greeter looks awesome, and the newspaper's photo is so cute. I like the way the beef netting looks on the hedges. Seems you were invaded by spiders and skeletons this year. The inflatables near the pumpkin patch are so fun and colorful. I haven't seen many of them before. Love the front porch set-up, and the ghost woman and cracked glass in the windows. Your Jack Skellington and new cemetery stones fit right in. Of course, I have always admired your pumpkin patch and blowmold cemetery. Mario and Luigi are a scream, as is your crashed witch up top. Love the Halloween Tree. The night photos are incredible. Thanks for posting these. I always enjoy your eye-candy. Hope you have a Happy Halloween!

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is the favorite of the toddlers. LOL We had to add the little fence this year, because the little ones love to crawl all over this scene and try to take some of the big candy home with them! LOL

Orange Pumpkin

Poster Fictional character Art
trick-or-treat Jack-o'-lantern Lantern Pumpkin

You walk down this path to the next scenes.

Squirrel Cartoon Toy Organism Animation

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far, we've entertained the toddlers, but then you turn the corner of the house and and we have two scenes that the 5 to 8 year olds like. I love hearing the kids yell 'Oh cool. Monsters!. LOL.
A little bit spooky and creepy. :)

You walk under a skull arch into The Boneyard.

Headstone Grave Cemetery Leaf Tree
Headstone Grave Collection Art

Art
Art Plant Toy Illustration

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Holy smokes Hilda!!! It looks like a child's fevered sugar-induced dream of what Halloween should look like!
Congrats to your whole family for a fun Halloween delight!

BTW, I really like how you repurpose the blow molds and other elements for your Halloween tableau.

Oh, and where do you live? I ask, because it's obvious that the house in the background is only for storage of the items out front!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Awesome, as always! If I lived near you. I'd be driving by every day. Seriously, you'd probably need to get a restraining order because I would never want to leave! :D

Reactions: Hilda

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We've reached the end of the tour. (For now.) Behind that mummy inflatable is a staircase down to our backyard, which we are plotting, building and preparing to do a yard haunt.

This is our little monster scene which was a cute blowmold monsters wedding, but our six year old has decided to get his creepy on and is cutting his haunters teeth on developing a scene using those hideous 'zombie babies'. LOLOL So this little zombie baby scene is in development. We had so much fun pairing up each creepy baby with some props that suited each little personality. So this is unfinished, but we blended the existing blowmolds and inflatables with Spirit babies. I thought it was going to be terrible, but I was indulging my little future haunter. I have to admit. I like it! haha (I'll be adding a lot of photos of each baby into an album.)

Tree Art Plant
Cartoon Animated cartoon Organism Animation Adaptation

A line of repurposed Christmas Candy Canes line the side of the scene.

Flamingo Confectionery Candy cane Candy

1 - 20 of 82 Posts