Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get (or make) a Water Fog system that uses a high pressure pump and nozzles to create a Misting Fog Effect? I have seen these in Theme Parks and Haunts but can't seem to find where to get one. Some people told me that most of them are home made. I need a good Fog System for my Graveyard this year.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Take a look here; High Pressure Fog Systems Mist System Misting Systems These sytems are not cheap and you can find units that put out more or less pressure but you'll pay more for the better systems. You'll also need to filter your water going into these systems because at that high of a pressure, any debris in the water will be forcefully lodged in the mist nozzels and hard to remove. Water hardness will also play a part in how long the system will run trouble-free.

·
Registered
725 Posts
This is really just a guess, but in light of trying to get some ideas going. Isnt a fog system really just heated liquid? So couldnt you run water into a box that pipes through X amount of copper wire which is heated, then sent out the other side into a garden hose that you have stuck a few holes in? Maybe the heating system could be as simple as a space heater pointed into a box which could be something fire proof like duct work.

Anyhow, just a thought! I have no idea if something like this would work.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Might just be easier to buy a couple of foggers. I know that the party city stores around me carry them year round, so you could buy one every now and then to keep from having to spend a bunch of money at once.

Just a thought!

·
Scarhead Brain Tumor Guy
946 Posts
This is the most interesting use of mist I've every seen. My buddy mem22 experimented with those available at Home Depot but there didn't seem to be enough pressure and being outside, the variables of weather would work against it, but it looks great when done professionally.

video 1

video 2

video 3

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
that's a cool effect with the steam...

I don't know if it would work, but a cheap version could be made with a fog machine and some french drain like this..

it would just be a matter of getting the lights in the right spot. The fog machine I had hooked to it was a V950, so a smaller machine wouldn't crank out as much smoke and should dissipate quicker

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the look:

Pic was taken at the Verdun Manor in Terrell, TX They have the water fog system surrounding the house.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feedback everyone... I found some great stuff online for High Pressure Fog. Aeromist has the best selection of what I need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts