Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah yes...it's that time of year! Halloween stuff is creeping out into some stores & websites, yes, it's OUR TIME!! Also know as that time called "Where Can I Hide This From My Spouse/Significant Other Until Halloween?" or WCIHTFMS/SOUH?"

If you do stash & hide, where is it?

Mine is lately in my craft room that's a mess. It all looks like arts/crafts/Halloween threw up in there right now so my husband doesn't see it or notice it. If it's something big it goes downstairs with all the other stuff Halloween threw up down there.

That Halloween is a barfer like my cats. We gotta stop feeding it grass so it doesn't puke everywhere.:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ime the same way, buy something from a G sale... straight to the madness in the basement! Though I have been known to go to the extent of renting a storage unit to put stuff in so my parents don't know I bought it lol.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I feel extremely lucky to have a husband who is OK with my Halloween obsession, though I still find myself stashing a few things out of guilt. I guess that guilt stems from my first marriage where every purchase was scrutinized and/or criticized. I do find that I'm getting pickier about what I buy, but it's really hard to maintain control at the moment when you realize that Halloween merchandise has arrived in the stores! :D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've gotten pickier too but my downfall is Goodwill/Salvation Army/thrift stores in general, any dollar store, & HomeGoods.

·
Registered
155 Posts
HA! I can totally relate to this thread!!

My guy is mostly ok with my halloween stuff, and will buy me spooky presents, but there is a limit! Small thrifted stuff I might leave out or work into existing decor. Otherwise, it stays in my car until i can sneak it into the basement with the other Halloween stuff!!

Ive been buying less and less each year, really focusing on buying what i love, or stuff that is thrifted. Glad I am not alone!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I paid maybe $2.00 for a brand new Wagoner Paint scrapper (at Goodwill) It's tiny blade only moves back and forth about a 1/4 of an inch, but I designed a way to make a sound with it that fools most people into thinking they just heard a 220 Volt Dead-short!
The blade quickly rat -tats against a piece of steel hanging in front of it (as a strobe light goes off)
I basically is a guaranteed SCARE! Everybody jumps! (insert evil laugh here~ )

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I've gotten pickier too but my downfall is Goodwill/Salvation Army/thrift stores in general, any dollar store, & HomeGoods.
Yep, especially when the Goodwill in the town where we work has a 50% off sale on all wares about every other week. Picked up a few things I might have bought at $1, but didn't hesitate at 50 cents. Oh and I'm hoping that dollar tree has the styrofoam pumpkins again this year as I plan to pick up at least a case since the prop I'm working on now utilizes one. But at the same time, I'm wondering where in the heck I'll put them!

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,790 Posts
And I thought this thread was about great ways to hide from ToTers so that you could scare them. Silly me!
Interesting concept.....not for a moment did I even consider this thread would be about hiding to scare someone.

My stuff typically is shipped to, and kept at work.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting concept.....not for a moment did I even consider this thread would be about hiding to scare someone.
Me neither & I started the thread!

Well they say the first step to recovery is realizing you have a problem, so my name is RogerClyneIsAGod & I'm a Halloween purchase hider.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Smaller things can go in the drawer under my side of our platform bed. Bigger things go in the closet of doom under the stairs.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,891 Posts
I got alot of hiding places because there is so much stuff stored all over that she can't tell whats old and what's new but lately its behind my bar in loft/game room/theater room ( i have a bar and don't even drink so its not a hinderance to store my suff behind it)

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
And I thought this thread was about great ways to hide from ToTers so that you could scare them. Silly me!
omg, the guy around the corner from us (yearssss ago) LOVED to decorate his porch then put a 'scarecrow' on it...then he'd jump and yell and scare the $h*t outta the little kids. Hell, he scairt ME!! LOL.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
i smugly thought 'i don't have to hide it' but then realized that if i DO buy that life-size spell casting witch, i'm gonna haff to hide her or my dh is gonna KILL me. Yep...in the storage room ...but FIRST i will have to put some 'camouflage' boxes down there so he can't tell if something new was added...

after all...i AM an e-ville genius. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts