Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey!
I'm Bri and I love Halloween its a very great holiday and I try to make it as fun as possible for everyone around my town, even though its a very small town unfortunately.
I come from Brownsville Minnesota which is the very tiny little corner that's right by Wisconsin and Iowa.
I'm 15 years old and both of my parents are unemployed because they were both laid off from work, its sad and now I won't be able to do much for this Halloween to make our house looking better for that wonderful day/night.
I am going to try to make it work though, try to make my own stuff, find cheap decor. etc.
If any of you could give some ideas that would be wonderful!!

~Bri

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Well, welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place, loads of tutorials that use supplies that cost next to nothing or takes a cheap prop and makes it fantastic!

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Welcome Bri, Terra is right, one mans junk is another mans halloween prop, good luck with everything, hopefully the economy will get better soon and things will get back to normal.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts

There are tons of little things you can do to celebrate the holiday. The important thing is to just have fun!

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum! You'll find tons of ideas for props/decorating on here that hardly cost anything.

·
Resident Lunatic
1,772 Posts
Hi, terrcai. Good luck with your house. I've seen some very impressive homemade decorations.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome to the boards Bri.

I too live in Minnesota. Lakeville to be exact. Here are my thoughts on keeping it cheep. Go with what effects people's moods and not a bunch of small props. Effect people's sight, hearing, smell, etc with your props.

Strob lights, fog machines, and a device that plugs into your sterio or boom box and to flood lights work great for lighting and thunder at the same time. I also place big sticks of yard incense in the yard to add smell to the scene.

So use outdoor flood lights, strobs, if you don't have a fog machine...ask your local grocery store if they sell dry ice. ...it doesn't work well in wind, but it's cheap and cool.

Good luck and have fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts