Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Britany & my husband is Chris

Chris has always loved Halloween - Me, not so much. Last year we hosted our first halloween party together in a one bedroom apartment. It was quite stressful but in the end it went great. Did I mention we won best decorated apartment?

In the last month, we have purchased our own home and want to go bigger than last year we welcome any advice and look forward to speaking with everyone!

We live in NC and have two pesky little dogs. :rolleyes:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any. :D

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey Britany! Welcome to the forums and a big congratulations on the house. That's gotta be so exciting!

Good on you for getting here in June! I think you're definitely in the right place. There's tons of ideas here to keep you busy from now 'til the big day.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys have planned (and maybe what you did to win the big prize!)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome to you. We would all love top see pictures of what the apartment decorating looked like. You will have so much fun with all the extra space to decorate. WARNING: Halloween can be addictive. You've been warned lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to have 3 posts to attach photos.. *Post #2*

Im not real sure how to make these photos better.. Im a noob to forums..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope this works this time..

I think that is the one area we failed on. Taking photos. We were so consumed in what was going on that we really didn't take a whole lot. But, here is what we had. I will describe more in detail what was going on.

IMG_1758.jpg
IMG_1746.jpg

This was the set up for the food. The small cauldron on the right to the left of the crock pot was used for dry ice - I had to keep it going all night and that sucked. We have to figure out a new plan for that. The fog was nice when it was going though!

IMG_1747.jpg

This was our dead guy in the tub. We actually bought a real blow up dude for this. Which my husband found it hilarious to put him in random places to scare me leading up to the party.

IMG_1730.jpg

We hung spiders from the ceiling with fishing line. That was tedious. We hot glued the fishing line to the bottom of the spider, and hot glued the string to the push pins that were in the ceiling. We also had to cut the ring part off of the spiders. Ugh.

IMG_1604.jpg
IMG_1734.jpg
IMG_1740.jpg
IMG_1753.jpg

This was the fence my husband made himself. It got trashed because we didn't have place to store it in our 1 bedroom apartment.. He is kick himself in the butt for doing that this year. I kept trying to tell him. http://www.halloweenforum.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

IMG_1778.jpg
IMG_1777.jpg
IMG_1776.jpg

We had some games.. I think this looks cheap. So this year I plan on making different/better ones. We also did a photo scavenger hunt. Everyone used their phones and after reviewing all of the teams photos - we chose our winner.

IMG_1760.jpg
IMG_1761.jpg

This was the outside. We enclosed our patio with table cloth purchased at Party City. Inside was a grim reaper who was activated with a pad that you stepped on. We placed it under some wooden squares - We got away with using several because we had a place that would puddle water.. So multipurpose with that.

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

On the other side of this sheet was a spider that was also on an activator pad that we attached to my designer chair http://www.halloweenforum.com/images/smilies/mad.gif that jumped through the window. A lot of people were talking about that. Scared quite a few people. It was good to hear positive feedback from that because I wasn't a happy camper. Haha.

This is Beethoven. He loved his costume!

IMG_1773.jpg

I hope you enjoy the photos!!

-Britany & Chris.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts