Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm Jeff. I have been a long time lurker to the forum and Halloween prop builder for years. I feel that Halloween props in front of your house should be of the type that make the neighborhood children run past your house with eyes averted on their way to the bus. My Halloween preparations usually consist of me telling my girlfriend what I want to do to the front of the house and her saying things like "dear God, no," "what is wrong with you," and "people have to go by the house, I like the neighborhood, please allow us to continue to live here." I then go to plan "B" which involves a less gruesome approach, but I try to sneak in some great details! I like paper mache, building my own ground breakers, and stalking Allen Hopps on YouTube and soaking up everything he has to say. His plastic corpsing was a game changer! I tend to take what I see on the forums and bend and twist things to give them my own unique expression (or to make them more compatible with my level of building). So, thank you guys for all the fantastic tutorials you have written over the years and know that they have been put to great use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and welcome!
I would love to see photos of your creations and I hope you post photos of your setup this year. :D
image.jpg

The blank eyes were placeholders until I could replace them. Of course I don't have any pictures from that night. This was from two years ago. Tombstone by me (my first one) and the obelisk isn't in this shot unfortunately. I will do a better job this year with photos! Still on the fence: zombies (again, but easy) or aliens (with a crashed saucer)..?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I thought a small plastic dual food bowl for a cat resembled dual headlights "bezels", so I built a sheet metal car around them for Mr. Tuxedo-Spook house cat.
It is on top of the conning tower for the Submarine made from several 275Gal. oil drums.which hide part of my exit tunnel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts