Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi MyKH3LL,

I think their 2014 Zombie Containment Unit (ZCU): Volume 3 is one of the top ten best animatronic props ever conceived,

The best part ... these props specifically target and can be built by home haunters.

I've demonstrated a compatible 4-channel relay decoder for $10,

I'd recommend the MedeaWiz Sprite HD video player,

Of course, as home haunters, we're going to purchase all of the pneumatics surplus (new).

The Hi-Rez Designs video content is excellent.

wbn

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi MyKH3LL,

I think their 2014 Zombie Containment Unit (ZCU): Volume 3 is one of the top ten best animatronic props ever conceived,

The best part ... these props specifically target and can be built by home haunters.

I've demonstrated a compatible 4-channel relay decoder for $10,

I'd recommend the MedeaWiz Sprite HD video player,

Of course, as home haunters, we're going to purchase all of the pneumatics surplus (new).

The Hi-Rez Designs video content is excellent.

wbn
This will be my first year diving into pneumatics. I'm definitely going to build the Monster in a Box 2.0 and am considering taking on a Zombie Containment Unit as well. Yeah, i'm nuts. Go big or go home as they say :D

Thanks for the $10 alternative to the relay controller. I ordered a set of parts and look forward to trying them out when I get to that stage.

Has anyone posted/found a detailed listing of the pneumatic kit parts that come in the kits sold by the various prop sites? (hi-rez, monsterguts, etc..) I've been scouring Google and various forums but either can't find the magic word combo to get hits or there just aren't any. Making/Tinkering is my main hobby and I can figure things out if needed but prefer to save time and use kits or a nice set of "to buy" lists when starting new projects. ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So with a digital version of the Zombie Containment Unit files, this player is confirmed to work well and trigger properly with the four banger?
I've demonstrated this using the Hi-Rez Designs Zombie Containment videos, a pair of MedeaWiz Sprite video players and my $10 Wicked Stone Video Player Controller / Relay Decoder,

Don't confuse my $10 Wicked Stone Video Player Controller / Relay Decoder,

with Mike North's most excellent OctoBanger (and former Four Banger),

The hardware is almost identical. The OctoBanger commonly leverages a $3 serial MP3 player. The Wicked Stone Relay Decoder leverages a $4 MT8870 10-pin DTMF decoder module. The Arduino firmware is different. Maybe some day I'll talk to Mike about folding the relay decoder logic into the OctoBanger.

The OctoBanger (Four Banger) can be used to synch up to eight (four) relays with a soundtrack containing DTMF tones in the left or right audio channel without the need for a relay decoder. I have described how to accomplish this near the bottom of my Wicked Stone Video Player Controller / Relay Decoder page (just prior to Appendix A).

wbn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts