Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm back! The last couple of months were kinda rough so I took a hiatus from the boards thinking that I would be done with them. But I think one of you cast a spell on me because I couldn't help but check up on you people and wondering what ways you're coming up with to scar little children for life.

Me? I'm a scaredy cat. Plain and simple. Don't go in haunts. Once was enough. You say, "Boo" to me and I jump.

So why am I here? Well, see there is this curious part of me, (it's the psychology BA I got from college) that wants to understand the underlying motivation for people who seem to get a kick out of scaring the dickens out of people. Are there positive reinforcers? Is there a correlation between the id and the superego being forgone for the sake of the thrill of the scare?

You know, the deep stuff.

So don't mind me. I made this request to you haunters when I first came and I will make it again.

Please don't hurt me. :)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Easy Meeps...we don't want to scare him away again, do we?

I'd been wondering where you'd got to...
Thought perhaps wristslitter had been slacking on his meds and....:eek:

Better stop there. Don't want to scare you away again.......:D

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
yes, we like to scare the dickens out of people, but we acknowledge it. my question is more, people want to have the dickens scared out of them and come looking for it. they do it over and over and enjoy it. why else would they be there and coming back for more. then when they find out you are a halloween nut, they think you strange, but without us they would have nothing. so aren't they the strange ones for wanting it but wondering why you do it? i mean hello? and also, i know die hard golfers, bowlers, doll collectors, coin collectors, stamp collectors. we just happen to be halloweeners, whats so different i ask you? at least in my hobby i give pleasure to others. can you say that about the other hobbies. show a stamp collection to the majority, a lot, [and i mean a lot] only to find they are not interested. if they scream and run from you it's not giggling they will be coming back for more. we may get strange looks, and whys, but they don't avoid us.
hope this helps

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
no, you didn't offend me at all. just thought you were looking for perspective and i was just trying to give it. hang around and check us out. this is a fun place to be. you will see how we all connect and help each other. i've been here 2 years now and this forum is amazing. and to set your mind at ease, some here are no braver than you. i do a haunt, but the first 3 years i just ran a halloween showplace, and personally i was quite content. i kept getting asked more and more to add the scare factor. i have added this but it is not gorey, and if anyone going through is getting to scared, we tame it down. last year i didn't have my haunters so i just ran some games, and this year i am not going to have my haunters, so i am going to dress up as a witch and pass out candy. i have tons of witch decor so i will heavily decorate, and the tot will participate by playing rat splat [a game introduced on this forum]. i am so ready for this year to happen.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no, you didn't offend me at all. just thought you were looking for perspective and i was just trying to give it. hang around and check us out. this is a fun place to be. you will see how we all connect and help each other. i've been here 2 years now and this forum is amazing. and to set your mind at ease, some here are no braver than you. i do a haunt, but the first 3 years i just ran a halloween showplace, and personally i was quite content. i kept getting asked more and more to add the scare factor. i have added this but it is not gorey, and if anyone going through is getting to scared, we tame it down. last year i didn't have my haunters so i just ran some games, and this year i am not going to have my haunters, so i am going to dress up as a witch and pass out candy. i have tons of witch decor so i will heavily decorate, and the tot will participate by playing rat splat [a game introduced on this forum]. i am so ready for this year to happen.
That's awesome, Hallorenescene. Hope that goes well for you. As I said before I had a bad experience at a haunted attraction so that left a bitter taste in the mouth.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
As I said before I had a bad experience at a haunted attraction so that left a bitter taste in the mouth.
Well, personally, though I don't totally remember your situation, I wouldn't based too much on one experience, as not all are the same. It's pretty much the same as stereotyping and saying, "I had a bad experience with a [insert race here] person, so I hate everyone from that race." You really should try going to another one and, hopefully, you'll enjoy yourself and find out that haunted attractions can be fun;)

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i guess i can see how one experience could turn you off. i have had a couple of bad experiences, you can darn well know that i check out the haunts before i go in. no crawling. i don't know why anyone would think crawling is fun. a short crawl for kids maybe, but not for me. i agree with garth in not all haunts are bad. but if you are one who just doesn't like to be scared, chances are you may never like them. stick around though, we may win you over to at least liking the fun side of halloween.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Welcome back, we all do so love to scare people, and i guess it's just a really fun way to express yourself and your creativity. Besides halloween is the one night when you make friends with people you have never seen before, all night long.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts