Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

Hello everyboy :)

My name is Giulia and I'm Italian, but I chose Juliet to write here because it's much easier to read and to write :)

I love Halloween! I've always loved it, even if in Italy is not a thing like in US, I guess I must have lived in US in another life :) Plus, I was an exchange student when I was 17 and I spent a wonderful year in a high school in Vermont and it was amazing to finally live Halloween in the "real" place!
I even took part of an Halloween musical! I was one of the witches. Love:cool:

Btw I try to live my love for Halloween.. it has become a very commercial event in Italy which means it's possibile to find stuff it was not possible before, but I don't really like this commercial thing. What can I say? This is my point of view.

I love decorating my house with pumpkins and bats and ghosts and everything halloween-y and spooky! This year I'm trying really hard to make a wonderful party with a couple of friends that love Halloween like us (I mean my partner and I) and to make amazing and spooky Halloween cupcakes and sweets! If I'll be able to make something good I'll take pics and post it on this forum!

Nice to meet you all :)

(forgive me if my english would not be always good)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Dall' Inghilterra... Benvenuto a Halloween Forum, Giulia. :D
Nice to see more European members joining the forum, and good to hear that Halloween is becoming more popular in Italy!

baron-samedi-albums-pics-picture169299-greetings.jpg

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hi Juliet! It's strange, but I don't think we have a lot of members from Italy. Sad to hear things are becoming very commercialized over there as well.

Your english is perfect. You DO sound a little different, but I think it's just your style of writing - its' a good thing! A little exotic, but definitely good! :)

Glad you found us. (Great profile photo too!)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Juliet! It's strange, but I don't think we have a lot of members from Italy. Sad to hear things are becoming very commercialized over there as well.

Your english is perfect. You DO sound a little different, but I think it's just your style of writing - its' a good thing! A little exotic, but definitely good! :)

Glad you found us. (Great profile photo too!)
Thanks for saying that my english is perfect :cool: that was nice! Actually I try to work on it, I read a lot in English, all the tv series and movies I watch are in English (in part for training and also because sometimes something it's lost in translation - I don't know if you know, but in Italy there is the "dubbing" of series and movies in the cinema- hopefully I'm choosing the right words) and all our (mine and my beloved) board games are in English! So I usually speak both languages a lot in a day :) Also at work I speak in English when tourists come into the shop where I work! I work in lovely shop that sells patchwork fabrics and accessories, laces, ribbons, stockings, stuff for crafts, jewllery accessories and much more :eek:

My profile photo was the attempt of the last year to fin a nice make up for Halloween, but in the end nothing happened ç_ç no parties! So I used it to go to work :D because I'm the crazy one there!

Thanks EVERYBODY! You all sound so lovely and Halloweeny! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

·
2,305 Posts
So much English sounds like waaay too much work. ;) I have trouble remembering the 20 French words I know. I don't think anyone would have guessed English was not your first language.

Yes, dubbing is the perfect word for that. :) And I understand- dubbing can be horrible. Sometimes it changes the whole meaning. :p

Curious about your board games now. :)

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Welcome, my wife is half Italien / half Brazilien, fluent in Porteguise and Italien, as she grew up with her father's Italien side in Brazil. I was lucky to meet some of them last time I was in Brazil and they were the nicest people ever. We hope one day to go to beautiful Italy to see many of her family there. Viva Italy!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everybody! Thanks again, you're so nice! :eek:

We hope one day to go to beautiful Italy to see many of her family there. Viva Italy!
Yes, Italy is beautiful, Italians are a little less beautiful :p sorry, I'm just really pissed off 'cause of our politicians and 'cause of the general impoverishment I see in the society nowadays!

Curious about your board games now. :)
Well, that is my hubby's fault! Many years ago he bought me "Carcassonne", a lovely game for family and friends! I quote from the bgg forum (which is a forum about games, so I think I can write this, because it's totally different from this forum): "Carcassonne is a tile-placement game in which the players draw and place a tile with a piece of southern French landscape on it. The tile might feature a city, a road, a cloister, grassland or some combination thereof, and it must be placed adjacent to tiles that have already been played, in such a way that cities are connected to cities, roads to roads, etcetera. Having placed a tile, the player can then decide to place one of his meeples on one of the areas on it: on the city as a knight, on the road as a robber, on a cloister as a monk, or on the grass as a farmer. When that area is complete, that meeple scores points for its owner."

It was LOVE!:DAnd then we started playing tons of games of everykind.. we play A LOT :D for example today we played Tsuro, Mansions of Madness (which I think it's a great game to play on Halloween because it's really scary) and X-Wing (Star Wars).

·
2,305 Posts
Thanks for the reply - I learned a lot. I have heard of Carcassonne before (and I've seen meeples) - but I've never seen the full description. It sounds like fun! I'll have to do some research on Mansions of Madness - that looks very cool as well.

Glad to see that the internet and computer games haven't killed the board game yet. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Board games will never die or get old :)

GobbyGruesome, if you need to discover things about games, go to www.boardgamegeek.com and there you'll find photos, descriptions, everything!

I was thinking that I have other two Halloween-like games.. One is Arkham Horror, once again inspired by Lovecraft's stories and Fury of Dracula :D what's better than being a vampire trying to win over some hunters?:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts