Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi, I'm the new kid in class. I don't get too carried away, but enjoy making a few decorations for the yard. I've got a cemetery fence, a few headstones and some tiki torches I modified with skulls and bits of grass skirt.

I'm working on a giant spider and will have to do a web and victim to go along with him.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,287 Posts
Sounds like you'll fit right in. ;)

Welcome to the forum! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evil Queen, don't let my wife know that. A few years ago, it was skull torches:

This year its a giant spider:

I really need to get this spider done and get some more tombstones done and a human BBQ set up in the front. If I can get that going, I can set up a smoker cooking a brisket so it smells good, too.

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
Welcome shawnr5! I am new to the forum to. Just love that spider! How are ya gonna finish it? Skull torches are great to. The brisket is to funny.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just love that spider! How are ya gonna finish it? Skull torches are great to. The brisket is to funny.

The spider is inspired by the one that FIRSTSPARTAN made in his thread His method of attaching the legs with tee fittings and pipe clamps is a stroke of genius. I'm going to laminate 2 inch foam on it and carve it until it looks a lot more spider-like. If I have enough cloth, I'll fiberglass it and add some battery powered tea lights with half ping pong balls over them for lit-up eyes. I might have to abandon those, however in favor of strobe lights with half ping pong balls over them. The torches are four or so years old and are in need of replacement. I'm watching for some cool skulls with seperate jaws I can use to make a new set.

As far as the brisket goes, what good would it do to have it look like I'm cooking flesh if it didn't smell like I'm cooking flesh? Maybe ribs would be better. Then, I can have some gnawed-clean bones on a plate by the candy dish.

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
That spider is going to look awesome! Post some pics would love to see it finished. It's to late for me this year to make some of the props going on here but I will have to do some for next year. I did get the pvc for making the candles though. So much to learn lol!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I don't think it's ever really too late to start on these things. They just might end up being used next year. It's nice to find a support group like this.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The Spouse...

Dude...

It took a couple of Halloweens before my other half warmed up to the decorating, then small, props, and bigger props, and now it's a full haunt and party. Your already at the large prop department, so she will have to join in at some point. Before you know it she will be baking you devilsfood cupcakes with blood filling!

Try lamb on the smoker/grill it has a very distinctive smell to it.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
welcome to the forum. i love your skull torches, and the spider is going to be cool

1 - 18 of 18 Posts