Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My family and I love Halloween, it’s so much fun for our entire family. We usually throw a themed Halloween party every year, and have started to plan our 2020 party. A Mario theme.

This year we aren’t doing a party, we don’t have any friends in Alabama yet and most people seem to do trunk or treats at churches and not door to door. I tried asking around if we should expect trick or treaters, but it was mixed on what people expected. I’m just feeling a bit lost and disheartened at the moment, but ready to be the only decorated house on our block next year!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm in Hsv... tried several outlets to conjure up interest in Halloween up here and it's just not all that supported. Wish.

Bwa ha ha

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome!

I read the thread title quickly and the "i" in Cali looked like an "l" and I thought hmmm....call girl living in Alabama....hmmmm.....then i saw it was an "i" and uh...oh never mind..... o_O

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Hsv... tried several outlets to conjure up interest in Halloween up here and it's just not all that supported. Wish.

Bwa ha ha
Is HSV Huntsville? We live in a ‘rural’ community outside Huntsville. It’s really disheartening Halloween isn’t really supported or celebrated here. I’ve seen fall decor but not a lot of Halloween specific decorations on our street. It’s such a shame too, the yards are so big here, they are just begging to be decorated or a hounded house to be made.

Welcome!

I read the thread title quickly and the "i" in Cali looked like an "l" and I thought hmmm....call girl living in Alabama....hmmmm.....then i saw it was an "i" and uh...oh never mind..... o_O
Haha!!! How funny!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the site. Hopefully you can drum up some interest for Halloween. It’s a big holiday for our house too. We set up a haunted maze on the driveway every year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the site. Hopefully you can drum up some interest for Halloween. It’s a big holiday for our house too. We set up a haunted maze on the driveway every year.
Thanks! I hope I’ll be able to gain some interest for Halloween in my neighborhood, it’s such a fun holiday. A haunted maze, sounds like such a fun project. I’d love to eventually do something in our front yard or driveway area. It’s a great space and wouldn’t require people to walk all the way up to the house.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks! I hope I’ll be able to gain some interest for Halloween in my neighborhood, it’s such a fun holiday. A haunted maze, sounds like such a fun project. I’d love to eventually do something in our front yard or driveway area. It’s a great space and wouldn’t require people to walk all the way up to the house.
The maze it’s to hard to build. We use 1x2 wood and staple black plastic to it for the walls and I can set it up in one day. Here is the only picture I could find of the out side. The tent is 10x20. This year we are doubling the size with two tents.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The maze it’s to hard to build. We use 1x2 wood and staple black plastic to it for the walls and I can set it up in one day. Here is the only picture I could find of the out side. The tent is 10x20. This year we are doubling the size with two tents. View attachment 724856 View attachment 724857
That’s so cool! What a fantastic set up, I bet people love it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
What I meant to say was that it isn’t hard to set up. The tent is $90 from harbor freight. The wood I reuse each year and only buy new when it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What I meant to say was that it isn’t hard to set up. The tent is $90 from harbor freight. The wood I reuse each year and only buy new when it needs to be replaced.
That’s really cool, and super doable in our space. We are on almost 2 acres, and the front yard is about x3 the size of the back yard. Definite goals for the future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts