Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
it's kind of hard to make out from the pics, but if you're looking to buy one similar, I'd just try a range of searches on Ebay - Wide rim hat, large rim hat, wide cowboy hat, anything like that. Fingers crossed you find what you're looking for!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: Sorry about that. Since I had no clue what kind of hats they were called, I figured it'd be easier just to take a pic with my phone of that screenshot. Thanks for the suggestions.

It looks like a well used Amish hat.
This! Perfect. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again folks! I am looking for a hat cause I am thinking of being a scarecrow this year and think an Amish looking hat would be an important and scary thing to wear with it. Like the one the villian in the film "Secret Window" wore.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
adult-scarecrow-costume.jpg

Looks awesome! Only problem I have is this costume is a "One size fits most" costume and sadly I am not on the "most" list. :(

I am a big guy. 6'4, 245. Although I am hoping to lose weight this season, but even if I lost the amount of weight I have in mind, I still could not fit into this. So, can you guys tell what kind of fabric is being used please? I figure I can get my own brown shirt, and rope, and mess them up, but I sure could use some help tracking down the style of shirt this is, and there's honestly no better team on the internet then you nice folks when it comes to tracking this type of stuff down. :) One site describe the shirt as being a Rough hewn shirt, so I guess that's the best term to use when going on my Google search.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Looks similar to a peasant shirt. For fabric, probably go with a cotton made to look like linen or linen if you can find one cheap enough. The costume probably uses polyester that looks like linen. In the dark you could just as easily get away with a cotton broadcloth though. Muslin should work as well (saw that on a shirt at Amazon).

This source is not the cheapest, but it is the first that came to mind.
http://www.museumreplicas.com/c-46-shirts-tunics.aspx?pagenum=1

If you can sew or know someone who can there are a fair number of patterns that should work that any JoAnn or Hancock should carry.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, thank you. I am thinking that it may be easier to copy the shirt if I can get someone to sew. I have either a few friends or my lovely Mother who enjoys Halloween too. :) I could even make the shirt out of burlap and ask (very nicley of course) to make me a shirt to complete the costume. That is one of the many fun things about Halloween - You can get very creative.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts