Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially those in or near Louisa County....

Louisa Goodwill has Halloween stuff out - not a lot, and some is damaged (but hackable...actually, just had a SR idea...need to get back there....)

Also, the Louisa CART (I have no idea what CART stands for, they do emergency response I think) is seeking donations of Halloween items. Seem to be willing to take damaged items, too, that they'll repair. CART is hosting a haunted trail as a fundraiser at the Betty Queen Center this October.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
I'm diagonally on the other side of the state, but good to know! I'll probably start scouring the local goodwill and thrift stores.

·
Night Owl
994 Posts
lucky you to have a goodwill with items..a goodwill here in yorktown had one little end cap..wasn't much at all.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
^ Hey there, neighbor! I'm just across the water!

There's a good flea market in Gloucester that I'm going to try to hit up next time I get a Saturday or Sunday off. It's right on Rt. 17 - always worth a look.

·
Night Owl
994 Posts
i'm out in gloucester.lol.i looked at an antiques stores on 17..don't remember the name..had random items here and there.ive been here a year and still haven't checked out the local thrift stores:eek:

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That flea market in Gloucester may be one of the best in the Commonwealth. The others I've been to don't hold a candle to it. Granted, I haven't been to all of them yet....

·
Night Owl
994 Posts

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Parking IS insane there - but you can usually find a spot in the back. Also, if you're not there before, 10 a.m, might as well forget it. At least, that was the way it was back when I was spending time in Gloucester and Mathews.

Any of y'all made it out to Rosewell yet?

·
Night Owl
994 Posts
I'll check it out soon..I'm that way for anything..I get there early to get the goodies.rosewell is on my list.i read about it in the ghosts of Virginia books..curious ever since

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Ah. See, I was born and raised here in Gloucester, so I've been to Rosewell many, many times. Best to go in fall or winter... Less likelihood of snakes in the grass. Just sayin'.

·
Night Owl
994 Posts
I grew up in Newport news.thanks for the tip..saw a baby snake go into my garage the other day..nice.fall would be good for pictures and cooler

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey all, I'm in Northern Virginia, tons of goodwill stores around here, the Civitan Flea Market in Arlington and there is one about 35 miles from home in West Virginia.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts