Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband just found this news story. LOL.

Haunted house invites visitors to take the 'Naked and Scared Challenge'

The phrase, “that scared my pants off,” will take on a new meaning this Friday in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania.

“If you know you have no protection, you become very vulnerable and I thought ‘Wow! That would be amazing in a haunted house.’”

- Patrick Konopelski, president and owner of Shocktoberfest

An attraction at Pennsylvania's "premier haunted scream park," Shocktoberfest, will be offering nude tours of its haunted house.

Labeled the “Naked and Scared Challenge,” the unique brand of Halloween experience asks visitors to strip down to nothing and enter one of their haunted houses completely nude.

According to Patrick Konopelski, president and owner of Shocktoberfest, the inspiration came from Discovery Channel’s show “Naked and Afraid,” in which two castaways must survive in the wild without any outer wear.

Konopelski came up with idea after watching an episode of the show at home with his four teenage children.

“I’m watching these two people running around naked in the woods and they were genuinely scared,” Konopelski told FoxNews.com. “If you know you have no protection, you become very vulnerable and I thought ‘Wow! That would be amazing in a haunted house.’”

Now Shocktoberfest will invite its guest to experience the same kind of fear. Participants will walk through the haunted house called “The Unknown,” themed to a former industrial park filled with zombies.

The patrons are offered two options: nude or prude. They can go through the haunted house completely nude or wearing only their underwear.

For those who do decide to go with the Full Monty, they won’t have to worry about many onlookers, as the Naked and Scared Challenge takes place at midnight after all other customers have left. The attraction will also only be offered to guests 18 years of age or older.

·
Evil Wizard
2,135 Posts
The patrons are offered two options: nude or prude. They can go through the haunted house completely nude or wearing only their underwear.

For those who do decide to go with the Full Monty, they won’t have to worry about many onlookers, as the Naked and Scared Challenge takes place at midnight after all other customers have left. The attraction will also only be offered to guests 18 years of age or older.
What could possibly go wrong?

Anyone else wondering how he could successfully pitch this idea to his insurance carrier? Seems like an awful lot of potential liability, regardless of whatever waivers that participants are required to sign.

·
Registered
995 Posts
This is actually close to our house, and we've been to Shocktoberfest a few times. Not too bad, but pricey, which is par for the course. I don't get this deal either. I see no additional enhancement of any haunted attraction while going in the buff. Probably more for publicity than anything else. Pat bought product off me from my food business years ago, so I've met him already. This seems bizarre.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
So in many states anyone working in a haunt must have a criminal back round check. One of the things that will get you nixed from haunting is if you were ever caught frequenting a prostitute or , of course, molesting a child or murdering someone. Then the management does this?
Is the world ready for what will come next? A parade of some of the ugliest naked bodies imaginable!
Eons ago soldiers discovered that removing some or all of a prisoner's clothing helps them to see things your way.
First the clothes come off, then they strap you down to the big rock, then the big knives appear....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Only in PA! :rolleyes: Gotta say, we are not a prude state as most people assume. I told my hubby about this and he said "let's go!" No doubt he is googling this place RIGHT now! LOL

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha! We haven't even watched that crazy nude-survival show on TV because we think it is kinda dumb. I think this part of the haunted house attraction could be a flop, hahaha.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
WHOA! Hey!!! ROFL I don't know anything about this! LOLOLOL

Sinking Spring is a little over an hour from me. It's down near Philadelphia. I do know it is a haunt rich area. PumpkinRot hails from that area.

But... a nude haunt?!? The first thing that pops into my mind is if that if ole hefty Hilda here went nekkid... that would indeed be a TERRIFYING sight! hahahaha

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
20 Participants
Hilda
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing