Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already been thinking about what I want to give out to trick-or-treaters this year. I know it's early, but this way I can know when to buy what I need. I was wondering if anyone of you have ever given out Hershey's kisses, or a similar type of candy that's simply wrapped and not in a sealed package like the usual "fun size" bars are. Did you just give out a few, or did you put them in a treat bag of some sort? And would you let your kids eat them if they came home with them in their bag?

Thanks in advance for the replies! It's nice to have a place where I can ask something like this months in advance and not get some weird looks. :)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,855 Posts
Kisses are the sad candy at the bottom of my candy jar at work. :D It's like some people think they're too much work to unwrap. :rolleyes: Yes, that stupid wrapper is too hard to get off & takes a nano second more. I didn't say it made sense, that's just what a lot of people have told me. I feel, it's chocolate, the extra nano second it takes to unwrap it is worth it for me.

Kisses are wrapped so I can't imagine people have too many issues with them but I'm not a parent of a ToTer. You'd certainly have to give out more than one because one just isn't enough.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Unfortunately those are ones I weed out and toss in the garbage when going through my kids' haul. I don't consider them safe as they don't have individual packaging. Such a waste :(

·
Registered
405 Posts
The wrapper for heresy kisses always look messed up whenever my kids get them. And im sure for quite a few parents they get trashed automatically since they could be tampered with so easily.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks for the input. ? I'll see what comes out in stores in September and go from there.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,855 Posts
They do put out little bags of Kisses. It's a small bag with 4 or 5 Kisses in it, that may work. I saw them at Easter wrapped in pastel colors for baskets so there's gotta be some for Halloween. I honestly have never noticed if they exist for Halloween but if they have them for Easter they've gotta have 'em for Halloween, I can't see them missing out on a ginormous candy holiday like Halloween.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,855 Posts
That pic was from a 2009 post about it so i'm sure they're still out there. I've never really considered Kisses as Halloween candy because they're so little & for some reason they seem to be more Christmassy to me & I can't really say why.

I'd say the biggest the candy you can afford is what anyone should get but that's just my opinion. If that's only "fun sized" stuff, then that's fine. If it's full sized bars, that's great too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm leaning towards putting together treat bags with 3-4 pieces of candy, small toy, and stickers. If I could find those little bags of Kisses I'd include those. Hopefully the bags will mean there's something inside for pretty much anyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts