Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I am glad you like the ghost!

Awesome. The wind actually makes the ghosts even better.
Yeah, I built floating ghost so the pole would be gently moved around, but with the wind never turned it on. In fact, I need to modify it so it flows better in the wind.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I love your graveyard Heresjohnny! Was trying to analyze why I find it stands out for me and I think partially it's due to the large-sized, somewhat skewed tombstones which are really detailed even in dim lighting. The relief on them creates great shadows and the type on them is pretty readable. Great lighting used as well. Have you made all your stones? And what lighting are you using? The blues are wonderful.

Your window displays are outstanding as well and look very visible from a distance. Nice Haunt display is year! Well done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wonderful job Heresjohnny-I've followed your ghost builds for the last few years and am very inspired by your work. I love the old-school and classic vibe of your haunt. Yours is truly one of my all-time favorites!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone!

I love your graveyard Heresjohnny! Was trying to analyze why I find it stands out for me and I think partially it's due to the large-sized, somewhat skewed tombstones which are really detailed even in dim lighting. The relief on them creates great shadows and the type on them is pretty readable. Great lighting used as well. Have you made all your stones? And what lighting are you using? The blues are wonderful.

Your window displays are outstanding as well and look very visible from a distance. Nice Haunt display is year! Well done.
The tombstones were all built from foam as replicas of the tombstones found in the Haunted Mansion http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/145346-haunted-mansion-tombstones.html. I also model the skewed approach after the way the tombstones are setup in the Haunted Mansion.

The lights are pretty simple, a blue fire and ice light on 1 corner, and a red spot on the other. Maybe 10 LED spotlights highlighting some of the tombstones and props. I picked up a Red fire and Ice on clearance to replace the red spot light next year. I really like the effect from the fire and ice lights.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
You certainly couldn't have picked a better display to model yours after! Just clicked your thread link and Wow! Super job on the new tombstones and given the count, I imagine quite a labor of love over quite a number of weeks/months. Appreciate the link, I hadn't gotten around to seeing that thread yet and will slowly be making my way through all the new posts in the off-season now.

Thanks for the info on the lighting. I too am fan of the Fire & Ice. I bought all of mine last year and only added spots this year. One thing I don't get or really like is that I'm seeing the Fire & Ice lights being priced at like $40 in some cases. Not sure what they did to change them to charge more but I know the spotlights use to just be solid light and then they've added the switch for solid/strobe/short circuit and upped the price. Not bothered by that if they still have the regular ones available but afraid they will push the more expensive ones in stores and not both. Now we have the digitally controlled version coming out jumping the price up to the $60 range and that was for one Kaleidoscope version light, which I don't like as well as the Fire & Ice.

·
Scaring kids everywhere!
3,702 Posts
Johnny you know I think you're the ghost whisperer. Your ghosts are always absolutely positively phenomenal! They all look quite at home in their new digs. Everything is just beautiful. Love the new tombstones and fence. Your lighting really sets everything off perfectly,

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow! The ghosts are amazing! GRat job! Please post a tutorial, or some progress pics of how you made them!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts