Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Ooof! That's horrible! Impressed by your resolve though - sounds like you're taking it mostly in stride. Hope the weather is better for you hear on out. (Looks like your skeleton is totally prepared to ride things out!)

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
So sorry man for the step backward on that project. Absolutely love where you are going with it. Very cool look including the lighting and faux exposed brick. Hey thankfully you grabbed a photo before it came down. Do you think you can rescue any of your crypt drawers?

So out of curiosity did this give you any insight as to how to anchor something like this? I would like to have some facades panels when I do my carnival and know I've been toying around what best ways to anchor them to other structures or fencing to prevent just what happend to you. And better now in the planning stages than halloween night for sure.

I wonder if it would have helped on the panels if you had air pass thru areas designed in somehow to the overall layout. I'll be checking back to see what suggestions facade builders have for you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had planes on anchoring the columns but as this was just to see how it came together, and I was not expecting the winds yet I did not do so because I'm moving it out in front of the fence but It dose make me think if even I do anchor the columns would the wind blow through the sty crypt façade ?? it will be back up against the fence and I will tie the upper corners of the columns to it too, thanks all for your concern I think if I get some good weather and some day's off I can get it fixed
any thoughts on what you might do different tried tea staining it but that did not go so well

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man I can feel your pain. My and my wife's anniversary is 10/18 so for our first one we decided to take off for the weekend and go to Universal Studios Hollywood. They called us while we were gone we at 80 MPH winds that swept through our town one day and my haunted house with 9 days till Halloween was almost a complete loss. We worked hard and got it up and open with just a few minutes to spare. I'll send some positive building thoughts your way.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these haunters from the scary completion of their Halloween Haunts.

Happy Hauntings
Matthew
Wood Fence Lumber Roof House
Property Roof Floor Wall Wood
Wood House Art

1 - 20 of 38 Posts